Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'But can he do it on a wet, cold winter night in …'- League

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭jukebox2310

Fairly poor squad here in Zagreb but I reckon I'm going to love this gameworld. So many decisions to make regarding transfers. Had loads of offers in and then withdrew them all to try and get a more average squad as opposed to one or two good players.
    This is much better than having buckets of cash

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

49000 capacity at the La Bombonera stadium, coupled with low wages mean I might actually get to sign a good player iv actually heard of before season 1 is over!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Lost to Bastia so probably need defenders first, build from the back an all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

AHHH!!!!

It's just come to my attention that players may refuse to join poorly rated clubs, the higher rated ones that is

If Neymar is not on that plane I will SNAP!

Has anyone heard of this?

I read it, never seen it though surely it would have been rejected by now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭bazarakus

AHHH!!!!

It's just come to my attention that players may refuse to join poorly rated clubs, the higher rated ones that is

Yup. Been happening for years. Happened to me first that time I tried to bring (The Real) Ronaldo to Dundalk. He was 88 rated at the time. He refused to sign for such a club.

bazarakus wrote: »
    Yup. Been happening for years. Happened to me first that time I tried to bring (The Real) Ronaldo to Dundalk. He was 88 rated at the time. He refused to sign for such a club.

But I had a standard Derby team before and had 50mil and got Neymar to sign......

Must be some criteria for this sort of thing :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Game World Status Update:

Clubs Taken 32/32 (100%)

Thanks You Gentlemen!

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭gerp99

Vidal and Bale for me at Ascoli, got them in the end, once I bought in better players

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

AHHH!!!!

Yup. Happened to me a few times in the Copa League with Cork City. It's fair enough too I think. It makes it that little bit more realistic and challenging!

• Advertisement

But I had a standard Derby team before and had 50mil and got Neymar to sign......

Must be some criteria for this sort of thing :confused:

Maybe the Brazils like Derby better than The Town.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Jimmy Rabbitte Snr

Varane, Zakkali and Meyer arrive at Palermo. Gutted to lose out on Pogba but hey, happy with the start in the transfer market...

Some stunning deals completing tonight....

Zouma and Mirallas to Fulham
    Pogba to Ipswich
    Schurrle to River
    Berahino and Sakho to southend
    Varane to Palermo
    Sneiderlin and kouyate tp Boca

And a whole lot of young talent are settling in at their new clubs tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

All I've got in so far is Jedvaj and Malanda....

Colemania wrote: »
    All I've got in so far is Jedvaj and Malanda....

So .... You are the reason my bid on the Belgian failed :mad:

Sure you can't steal ALL of the Belgians! :P

True ... Got the start of the Hazard clan so happy enough

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Midlife Crashes

Have 32 deals on atm:o

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Not sure where I am on Coman, Origi, Chambers and HAAAames Rodriquez

Ended up with Coman and Chambers while loosing out on Origi and James

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Ahhh Yeahhh...

G D gets their man! James Rodríguez will join their FC Twente squad from Real Madrid in a swap deal for Luc Castaignos and Kasper Kusk

Watch this space for more intriguing deals :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Jimmy Rabbitte Snr

Missed out on Origi and Stegen but have added Mangala and Benzia for now and Berisha for the future. Unsure about Raboit and Odegarrd. A few more irons in the fire too. Business could be finished at Palermo by tonight. Some quality in while drastically reducing my squad size....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

I'm not going to lie, if all the deals I have lined up go through I have no idea what squad I'll be left with. I may have to play the lesser know 2-2-6-1 formation...

...I may have got carried away a little :D

Already cancelled one deal that was accepted when the player dropped rating overnight...good timing to save me from disappointment I guess.

Trying to keep it as Brazilian as possible!

In:
    Bardi (for the life of me I don't know a good Brazilian keeper
    fabinho
    paulista
    Pereira
    Dodo
    Lucas Silva
    Alex Silva
    F Anderson
    Nazario
    s Ribery (not Brazilian, but cheap!!!!)

And..

Neymar!

DE SCIGLIO, Mattia is the only player so far lowering himself to join my Munich revolution ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Following deals all were rejected for me
    • The deal involving Cardiff City and Jérémy MATHIEU of Barcelona has been rejected.
    • The deal involving Cardiff City and Thiago MOTTA of Paris Saint-Germain has been rejected.
    • The deal involving Cardiff City and Loïc RÉMY of Chelsea has been rejected.
    • The deal involving Cardiff City and Asier ILLARRAMENDI of Real Madrid has been rejected.

I did however get
    • SAGNA, Bacary
    • LICHTSTEINER, Stephan
    • FARFÁN, Jefferson
    Couple of bids accepted on the following all with P/E so not clear who will get them:
    • REINA, Pepe
    • ITURBE, Juan

tommycahir wrote: »
    Following deals all were rejected for me
    • The deal involving Cardiff City and Jérémy MATHIEU of Barcelona has been rejected.
    • The deal involving Cardiff City and Thiago MOTTA of Paris Saint-Germain has been rejected.
    • The deal involving Cardiff City and Loïc RÉMY of Chelsea has been rejected.
    • The deal involving Cardiff City and Asier ILLARRAMENDI of Real Madrid has been rejected.

I did however get
    • SAGNA, Bacary
    • LICHTSTEINER, Stephan
    • FARFÁN, Jefferson
    Couple of bids accepted on the following all with P/E so not clear who will get them:
    • REINA, Pepe
    • ITURBE, Juan

That sux missing out on all them. However now you have a few high rated players, others will hopefully follow. Strange they were just rejected rather than the "refuses to join" line. Hmmmmmmmmmmm dot dot dot

That sux missing out on all them. However now you have a few high rated players, others will hopefully follow. Strange they were just rejected rather than the "refuses to join" line. Hmmmmmmmmmmm dot dot dot

I had Malanda bid just plain rejected too. I think it adds to the GW rather than every bid getting accepted. Although rumour has it Malanda asked for the bid to be rejected due to his outstanding parking tickets in Belgium

I fear I'll be losing out on another player ... the rival bids are a TAD higher than the best I could offer ... curses!

Trying to keep it as Brazilian as possible!

In:
    Bardi (for the life of me I don't know a good Brazilian keeper
    fabinho
    paulista
    Pereira
    Dodo
    Lucas Silva
    Alex Silva
    F Anderson
    Nazario
    s Ribery (not Brazilian, but cheap!!!!)

And..

Neymar!

Can't believe how small santos stadium is 16,000. That probably only covers Neymar.

• Advertisement

Ross Barkley joins the crew. Happy with that one. It'll be interesting to see how the Tadic deal goes. Very close offers.

Advertisement