Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'But can he do it on a wet, cold winter night in …'- League

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭bazarakus

Ya know when you hear someting but don't register for a few weeks?

Did someone post on here that they signed Victor Moses? And they were happy bout it? Like you assume they hit "Accept" by mistake ... ? Like that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

how much does 5042 people bring in???

€153,277, which equates to €30.40 for the privilege to see the mighty Accrington play. If I had my way I'd be charging €50 minimum. :pac:

Just to add as well, the capacity of the Crown Ground is 5,057, so I'm guessing the most we can bring in is €153,733.

Still though, I relish these kind of challenges!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

bazarakus wrote: »
    Ya know when you hear someting but don't register for a few weeks?

Did someone post on here that they signed Victor Moses? And they were happy bout it? Like you assume they hit "Accept" by mistake ... ? Like that.

I signed him ...

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    I signed him ...

I KNEW it!

Care to explain yourself mister?!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

The offer for Kevin GROSSKREUTZ of Borussia Dortmund from Real Betis has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

The offer for Cabral RAFAEL of SSC Napoli from Real Betis has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

The offer for Yoann GOURCUFF of Olympique Lyonnais from Real Betis has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

The offer for Mattia DESTRO of AS Roma from Real Betis has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

The offer for Roman NEUSTÄDTER of FC Schalke 04 from Real Betis has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

The offer for Toby ALDERWEIRELD of Atlético Madrid from Real Betis has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Seeing as how I only realised a week after all ye that we could buy players from Unmanaged and blew half my budget on an 87 I dont think Ive done too badly

• Advertisement

The offer for Kevin GROSSKREUTZ of Borussia Dortmund from Real Betis has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

The offer for Cabral RAFAEL of SSC Napoli from Real Betis has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

The offer for Yoann GOURCUFF of Olympique Lyonnais from Real Betis has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

The offer for Mattia DESTRO of AS Roma from Real Betis has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

The offer for Roman NEUSTÄDTER of FC Schalke 04 from Real Betis has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

The offer for Toby ALDERWEIRELD of Atlético Madrid from Real Betis has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Seeing as how I only realised a week after all ye that we could buy players from Unmanaged and blew half my budget on an 87 I dont think Ive done too badly

Ay Caramba.

Every post is a dagger in the heart of my plans for world domination.

Where does all the money come from?

I wonder do you get more fans showing up if you bring in more "stars"? At the mo my biggest star is Drogba and even with him it's 14k showing up at a capacity of 71k. The road is long ...

And now

The offer for Theo WALCOTT of Arsenal from Real Betis has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Ay Caramba.

Every post is a dagger in the heart of my plans for world domination.

Where does all the money come from?

I wonder do you get more fans showing up if you bring in more "stars"? At the mo my biggest star is Drogba and even with him it's 14k showing up at a capacity of 71k. The road is long ...

I have no money :pac:

I have no money :pac:

Aye cos you spent it all! You're like the Chelsea of this league, swanning in here with all your fancy cash and your bish bash bosh. It's sick!

Aye cos you spent it all! You're like the Chelsea of this league, swanning in here with all your fancy cash and your bish bash bosh. It's sick!

I had 5mil for those deals aswel as Isla,Song and Martinez but now I will no longer have any original players left :o

When I P/E'd some players, the ones that were left had their value increased by a couple million so this helped a lot.

Compared to the likes of Zagreb, Brugge and Anderlecht etc my team will still be weak

• Advertisement

I had 5mil for those deals aswel as Isla,Song and Martinez but now I will no longer have any original players left :o

When I P/E'd some players, the ones that were left had their value increased by a couple million so this helped a lot.

Compared to the likes of Zagreb, Brugge and Anderlecht etc my team will still be weak

Aye alrite Roman! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Serge Aurier

Ross Barkley

Alexandre Lacazette

A spine for my Blackburn team at least.

At best now I think a few more potential risers and that is about all I can do.

Serge Aurier

Ross Barkley

Alexandre Lacazette

A spine for my Blackburn team at least.

At best now I think a few more potential risers and that is about all I can do.

The trouble with young talent is someone always (I'm looking at you Braga) gets there first! So for me I'm just buying young players I know will rise a bit in the hope I can increase my capital by 25% first season ...

It's a long long road ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

some interesting approaches being taken across this gameworld, I personally went for a mix of older established 90/91's with some 87/88/89 younger players who I expect to rise and then use them to p/e or sell to fund moves for higher rated players, Others have gone however for the buy all the youth and hope they all rise (ie playing the long game) whereas others spashed everything on capturing the 1 or 2 superstars with hope of building funds during the season to work around those superstars.

tommycahir wrote: »
    some interesting approaches being taken across this gameworld, I personally went for a mix of older established 90/91's with some 87/88/89 younger players who I expect to rise and then use them to p/e or sell to fund moves for higher rated players, Others have gone however for the buy all the youth and hope they all rise (ie playing the long game) whereas others spashed everything on capturing the 1 or 2 superstars with hope of building funds during the season to work around those superstars.

It's tricky Tommy. I'm a mix of long game but can't resist buying one or two top players. Freaked out if I just play the long game that by the time I get to the top table all the main courses will be finished and I'll be left with just desserts :(

Aye alrite Roman! :rolleyes:

Langer :pac:

Langer :pac:

Just call me Bernhard ... :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

I employed the mike ashley way of working

1) put a useless fella in charge -> check :p
    2) buy risers -> check
    3) dont buy anyone over 26 -> check

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    I employed the mike ashley way of working

1) put a useless fella in charge -> check :p
    2) buy risers -> check
    3) dont buy anyone over 26 -> check

Aye and all on zero hours contracts ... if Wallace is to be believed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

Took me 2 weeks to save up or him but Ryan McLoughlin is on his way to Kingsmeadow...I now have 4 defenders!!!

• Advertisement

Maldjd23 wrote: »
    Took me 2 weeks to save up or him but Ryan McLoughlin is on his way to Kingsmeadow...I now have 4 defenders!!!

Supposed to be one for the future him. Hasn't had a sniff of being near the Liverpool first team yet. Hope he works out well for ya

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Three wins from three, second in the league and making 600k a week profit. These are indeed Southend United's salad days.

Lost 3 nil to PSG, not pushed cos I got 1.1m from gate receipts

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

2 nil away win against Juventus but all these away matches are bankrupting me!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Only home game this season was watched by 35,000 fans and made me 1.1 million. Hope with the potential 74,000 that I can gain a full house with 3 more stars, coz with some of you in Europe the rest have a disadvantage.

Hope I can bring home some Argentinian talent.

I'm still relying on the chairman investing in my team. Didn't West Brom get a load of cash over in the Boards league to help them keep up?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Maldjd23 wrote: »
    I'm still relying on the chairman investing in my team. Didn't West Brom get a load of cash over in the Boards league to help them keep up?

Did they?? I wouldn't have thought so. I mean, their average rating wasn't that much below the average of the league.

In our case though, there's is every chance of us getting a cash injection at the start of next season.

However, it is a bit of a catch 22 as, the only thing that will increase the likelihood of us getting a cash injection is if the other clubs continue to go out and buy up all the higher rated players. :pac:

Wilberto wrote: »
    Did they?? I wouldn't have thought so. I mean, their average rating wasn't that much below the average of the league.

In our case though, there's is every chance of us getting a cash injection at the start of next season.

However, it is a bit of a catch 22 as, the only thing that will increase the likelihood of us getting a cash injection is if the other clubs continue to go out and buy up all the higher rated players. :pac:

I'm not greedy..I just want a few 85s..:pac::pac:

A cash injection you say ... ?

• Advertisement

A cash injection you say ... ?

Yeah, I've gotten a few of them already. One for Cork City in the Copa league, and two for Southend United in the EB League.

Advertisement