Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'But can he do it on a wet, cold winter night in …'- League

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Bye bye top4 ... you evil temptress ...

Club Brugge KV slumped to a 3 - 1 defeat to Southend United in their Division 1 fixture.
    Herrera was on the scoresheet for his side.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭baza Rakus

Rested entire first team, still beat the Champions.

TSV 1860 München beat OGC Nice 2 - 1 in their Friendly fixture.

Svendsen and Sanches were amongst the goalscorers.

Remind me of the rules - Friendly wins mean double points, rite?

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭king size mars bar

If only that were true!

3.1m for finishing 6th ... nice in a GW where money matters!

Congrats to Anderlecht ( coming the the real Belgian club, that hurts! :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

Steven NAISMITH has been awarded the golden boot this season.

ha

• Advertisement

So Ter Stegen ...

Munich bound?

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

Gutted, Boca are relegated :(

Gutted, Boca are relegated :(

You now have a responsibility to bring them back up ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭king size mars bar

Steven NAISMITH has been awarded the golden boot this season.

ha
    Turned out to be a great buy!

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    So Ter Stegen ...

Munich bound?

Ya man! But at what price?? Missing out on promotion??!

• Advertisement

Brugge keeper upgrade complete ...

Bernd LENO has completed his move to Club Brugge KV from Bayer Leverkusen for 5,450,000 plus Mathew RYAN and Kekuta MANNEH

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Well with the first playoff tonight I'm not holding my breath. To many tired players and need a miracle against a much stronger team.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

JamboMac wrote: »
    Well with the first playoff tonight I'm not holding my breath. To many tired players and need a miracle against a much stronger team.

Yeah but, the other team are going to be in the same boat as regards fatigued players. :)

Glad to make it thru the first play-off. These games have not been my forte over the years.

But never mind all that wanky bolx, what about this??

"Transfer Message
    Eden HAZARD has completed his move to RSC Anderlecht from Chelsea for £43,000,000. All other offers were turned down."

What the-?? Who has £43m to spend in this GW?!?!?!?! Stewards Inquiry! Anderlecht are not sticking by the FFP rules!

Sold Immobile(89) for 12m...

Replaced with a cheaper and imo a much better 90...

Ciro IMMOBILE has completed his move to Borussia Dortmund from Club Brugge KV for 12,510,400

Lorenzo INSIGNE has completed his move to Club Brugge KV from SSC Napoli for 9,000,000

3.5m profit.... I too can save 43m :p

That's it! BELIEVE.

With luck one day we can ALL save £43m!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

I have 2.9 million...I have been saving all season!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

While hazzard is on his way to the league champions for 43M, Paul Pogba has put pen to paper to join up with former champions Koln for 23M.

Top 2 teams strengthening for next seasons battle.

Maldjd23 wrote: »
    I have 2.9 million...I have been saving all season!!!

It's class divide Mal. One law for the Rich, one for the poor. Us poor pauper teams have little chance to compete with these global hyper mega super clubs!

Yeah you might think that I might have more money with a 100,000 extra attending my matches in comparison to the rest.

• Advertisement

For a while I resisted the buy low - sell high mantra in this GW ... but when ya get an offer of 12.5m on an 89 while a 90 of similar age in the same position is at external for 9m ... it would be irresponsible not to go sell high and buy low! ...

at any level price, to replace a player with a better rated and come away with 25% profit ... has to be done!

Yeah you might think that I might have more money with a 100,000 extra attending my matches in comparison to the rest.

We have roughly the same sized stadiums but you got almost 200k more attendance. I don geddit.

baza Rakus wrote: »
    We have roughly the same sized stadiums but you got almost 200k more attendance. I don geddit.

You have bigger named players as well and you finished higher, maybe it's the style of play.

You could be onto someting there. We are not gonna win over many fans with our V.Devensive Long Ball footy. Barcelona we are NOT. I always put the stadium being always 1/3 full down to our lowly Divvy2 status.
    You have bigger named players as well and you finished higher, maybe it's the style of play.

You could be onto someting there. We are not gonna win over many fans with our V.Devensive Long Ball footy. Barcelona we are NOT. I always put the stadium being always 1/3 full down to our lowly Divvy2 status.

Either that or do your fans pay a premium for tickets and so to not give some teams more money, it's all calculated so that teams get around the same money per game.

Teams don't get the same money per game. The bigger stadium you have, the more cash you get. I have a GW where I put in loads of obscure teams. I added Celtic and Rangers (and Swansea) for a laugh, suggesting they were obscure teams. The joke was on me tho as those three teams uniquely in that league balance the books, the rest of us (with the up to 5k piddly stadiums) operate in a constant state of deficit.

Of course big stadium is no good unless you can fill it. I'm hoping if I ever make it to Divvy1 some more fans start showing up.
    Either that or do your fans pay a premium for tickets and so to not give some teams more money, it's all calculated so that teams get around the same money per game.

Teams don't get the same money per game. The bigger stadium you have, the more cash you get. I have a GW where I put in loads of obscure teams. I added Celtic and Rangers (and Swansea) for a laugh, suggesting they were obscure teams. The joke was on me tho as those three teams uniquely in that league balance the books, the rest of us (with the up to 5k piddly stadiums) operate in a constant state of deficit.

Of course big stadium is no good unless you can fill it. I'm hoping if I ever make it to Divvy1 some more fans start showing up.

My Swindon team in your GOOD league got its capacity raised from 10k to 26k when they got promoted to D2...

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    My Swindon team in your GOOD league got its capacity raised from 10k to 26k when they got promoted to D2...

Sweeeet. In THE LEAGUIO DE LA OBSCURIA I manage The Strongest, who play at the Rafael Mendoza. I took them from Divvy4 to Divvy 1 and the capacity went from 5,000 to it's current 15,000. However attendances remain at an average of 2.5k per game. I put the GW to "Very Rich" but didn't make any diff. I tink the poor quality of the opposition plays a part (half occupied Divvy 1; unmanaged teams are all ****e).

5 Unmanaged teams in Divvy1, yet the three relegated teams are Managed. Yet another unique and fascinating feature of this most different of Game Worlds. Unpredictable, infuriating yet completely impossible to give up. Rite now my pound for pound favourite GW on SM.

• Advertisement

5 Unmanaged teams in Divvy1, yet the three relegated teams are Managed. Yet another unique and fascinating feature of this most different of Game Worlds. Unpredictable, infuriating yet completely impossible to give up. Rite now my pound for pound favourite GW on SM.

Feel free to point more managers this way! ;)

Advertisement