Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'But can he do it on a wet, cold winter night in …'- League

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭baza Rakus

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Feel free to point more managers this way! ;)

Done. Promoted on THE GOOD LEAGUE Facey page.

When (if ever) my ban from posting on the News Feed is lifted I'll be promoting it in G1 (almost 300 managers) so hopefully it will be filled up soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

baza Rakus wrote: »
    It's class divide Mal. One law for the Rich, one for the poor. Us poor pauper teams have little chance to compete with these global hyper mega super clubs!

We all started as poor teams ;)

That was the challenge of this gameworld at the start. Buy, sell, while always improving your starting 11.

Now it's a race to sign and keep the best players. I'm not selling my best players anymore to make a profit. I guess the same tactic applies to the hazzard deal.

My bench is full of 10k players :pac:

tonic wine wrote: »
    We all started as poor teams ;)

That was the challenge of this gameworld at the start. Buy, sell, while always improving your starting 11.

Now it's a race to sign and keep the best players. I'm not selling my best players anymore to make a profit. I guess the same tactic applies to the hazzard deal.

My bench is full of 10k players :pac:

We didn't tho. We all started with the same in the bank, but some of us had 10-20m more worth of squad players from the start, evidenced by the teams who are choc full of 91+ rated players now. Not that I'm complaining. Much.

I did worry last season that all the Page 1 players would be gone by the time I could afford more than one of them, but this fear was assuaged by the fact that even the top clubs seem to need to recycle to sell. So it's still pretty organic (and anyone joining can hope to have a decent team within a season or so).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

We didn't tho. We all started with the same in the bank, but some of us had 10-20m more worth of squad players from the start, evidenced by the teams who are choc full of 91+ rated players now. Not that I'm complaining. Much.

Excuses excuses :P

20M might have bought two players extra, and possibly made 5M profit. It would hardly of bought you a "choc squad full of 91+ players". 20M would only buy hazzards left leg :D

Tactical and smart transfers is what make good teams imo.

20M might have bought two players extra, and possibly made 5M profit. It would hardly of bought you a "choc squad full of 91+ players". 20M would only buy hazzards left leg :D

Well you would say that, wouldn't you? You ivory tower teams have no idea of the struggles us ducky underplogs have to go thru DAY TO DAY!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

It doesn't hurt when your team come with some very highly valued players to begin with.

Dammit! Oh well, back to DRAWING BOARDS R US (It's on Drawing Boards St ... in the Drawing Board District)

TSV 1860 München were beaten 2 - 1 by FC Twente.

Love was on the scoresheet for his side.

Curses!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

European cup and shield finals this week, good luck to the 2 managers involved (one in each game)

Dammit! Oh well, back to DRAWING BOARDS R US (It's on Drawing Boards St ... in the Drawing Board District)

TSV 1860 München were beaten 2 - 1 by FC Twente.

Love was on the scoresheet for his side.

Curses!!!

How?

JamboMac wrote: »
    How?

I dunno mate, outwitted? out foxed? outplayed?? i'm too annoyed to look into the dets, suffice to say we lost and are consigned to another year in the second tier.

• Advertisement

European cup and shield finals this week, good luck to the 2 managers involved (one in each game)

Unfortunately, Koln got beat in their final ... In the other final Anderlecht decided winning 8-2 was enough in a European final...

Commiserations and Congratulations.

So with season 2 done ...

Palmares%20S2.png

Can a mod add this to the OP in this thread?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭gerp99

So with season 2 done ...

Palmares%20S2.png

Wasnt a bad season :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Gutted to be relegated by a point with Southend. I took my eye off of the game massively this season and it cost me. Promotion challenge next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Gutted to be relegated by a point with Southend. I took my eye off of the game massively this season and it cost me. Promotion challenge next year!

I'm the same as you, let the battle commence!

u20 World Cup winning GK in

Predrag RAJKOVIĆ has completed his move to Club Brugge KV from Crvena Zvezda for 3,300,000 plus Aaron LEYA ISEKA

Need to move on Butland now

Bad bad disappointing shattering news ...

It turns out you can have a big stadium ... or a small one they add to. And you can play well, win titles, get promoted, bring in star names to your team, fill your entire squad with Page 1 players, have a rich economy, play attacking, winning, gung ho footy ... none of it makes a difference. Attendances at your ground are based on real life attendances at that ground. Ballsology.

I picked 1860 cos they play at the Allianz Arena. Turns out it won't make any difference. Depressing as fcuk this game sometimes. You're down and it stamps on you balls.

Groan

Bad bad disappointing shattering news ...

It turns out you can have a big stadium ... or a small one they add to. And you can play well, win titles, get promoted, bring in star names to your team, fill your entire squad with Page 1 players, have a rich economy, play attacking, winning, gung ho footy ... none of it makes a difference. Attendances at your ground are based on real life attendances at that ground. Ballsology.

I picked 1860 cos they play at the Allianz Arena. Turns out it won't make any difference. Depressing as fcuk this game sometimes. You're down and it stamps on you balls.

Groan

Have to refer to Swindon in the GOOD league again but after my stadium enlargement there I'm getting 22,000 avg attendances when Swindon in RL got an avg of 7,800 last season...

Have to refer to Swindon in the GOOD league again but after my stadium enlargement there I'm getting 22,000 avg attendances when Swindon in RL got an avg of 7,800 last season...

Good stuff! All is not lost

HUZZAR!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I've finally managed to get rid of my first team again and have every player at the club in my youth team! :D:D

• Advertisement

Current World Champions Belgium have bowed out of this seasons WC ...

The Belgian federation are strongly reconsidering head coach Bosman's position.

Malta are out as well after getting only a point. Disappointing after last season's heroics, roll on the next world cup!

Manolas with a +1 .... I now have a 90 DC :D

So did a little rejigging pre-season ... no changes to the starter ratings on my first eleven ...

So after buying the u20 WC winning GK:
    Predrag RAJKOVIĆ has completed his move to Club Brugge KV from Crvena Zvezda for 3,300,000 plus Aaron LEYA ISEKA

I no longer needed this lad:
    Jack BUTLAND has completed his move to Stoke City from Club Brugge KV for 4,489,200

I decided to replace my DMC for a younger model:

OUT:
    Fábio COENTRÃO has completed his move to Real Madrid from Club Brugge KV for 13,852,800

IN:
    Kevin STROOTMAN has completed his move to Club Brugge KV from AS Roma for 11,750,000

Which left some cash for a back-up striker ...handy that he is negotiating a deal with Benfica in RL:
    Aleksandar MITROVIĆ has completed his move to Club Brugge KV from Manchester United for 7,330,000 plus Samuel BASTIEN

Did all my team changes and didn't get promoted. Stumped.

So the season starts tomorrow and hoping third time lucky, really glad I decided to not sign drogba 3 days ago as he's dropped by 2.

Good luck everyone........... ....................

unless I don't win tonight ;)

So yesterday I beat todays opponents 3-0

Switched the team around as I had a 75rated in my first 11 due to transfers ....

Club Brugge KV slumped to a 2 - 0 defeat to Stade de Reims in their Division 1 fixture.

Phew - forgot what a win was in this league!!!

Boca Juniors beat River Plate 5 - 1 in a thrilling Division 2 encounter.
    Aubameyang scored a brace and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Cerci and Gameiro were also amongst the goalscorers.

• Advertisement

Phew - forgot what a win was in this league!!!

Boca Juniors beat River Plate 5 - 1 in a thrilling Division 2 encounter.
    Aubameyang scored a brace and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Cerci and Gameiro were also amongst the goalscorers.

One good thing came out of it for me.

Club MessageRecord crowd watches River Plate. 69,208 fans turned out to watch River Plate against Boca Juniors breaking the previous home record attendance.

Advertisement