Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'But can he do it on a wet, cold winter night in …'- League

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

tonic wine wrote: »
    4 points between the top 3 teams in division 1 with just 5 games to go.

FC Koln sitting on top of the league, looking to win the title for the second time in three years :cool: after last years disappointment of finishing runners up to RSC anderlecht, who have struggled to find the same form this season :p

Manager Tonic Wine is looking forward to Sundays match between Nice and US Palermo, and his hoping the home team can do him a favour and beat 2nd placed US Palermo. He also pointed out the chasing teams have a much harder run in and expects FC Koln to be league champions come the end of the season :D

Strikers Sergio Aguero and Diego Costa have formed a lethal striker force at FC Koln. Both sitting joint top of the goal scorers leader board, with 32 goals between them, thanks to the creativity of Junior Neymar who has chipped in with 16 Assists. :cool::cool:

In transfer news, Matteo Darmian has completed his move to FC Koln :)

Promoted last year with Nice so happy enough if I get top 3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

Colemania wrote: »
    Promoted last year with Nice so happy enough if I get top 3

Fair play. Don't fcuk it up Sunday ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭baza Rakus

Jaysus it's tight at the top of this Divvy 2

Last two teams to blink go up!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

6 points clear top of div 2 and 4 games to go.

River Plate beat Ipswich Town 1 - 0 in their Division 2 fixture.
    Ramires scored the winner for River Plate and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

The match ended 1 - 1 between Corinthians and FC Twente in their Division 1 fixture.

Tello was on the scoresheet for his side.

W1, D2, L4 since I've taken over at Corinthians.

Not exactly the glorious winning streak I had imagined :o

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement

JamboMac wrote: »
    6 points clear top of div 2 and 4 games to go.

River Plate beat Ipswich Town 1 - 0 in their Division 2 fixture.
    Ramires scored the winner for River Plate and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Late winner!

baza Rakus wrote: »
    Late winner!

Don't need to win in style, just need to win. Preferably 2 wins and a draw.

FC Köln outclassed Cardiff City and beat them 3 - 2 in their Division 1 fixture.
    Costa scored a brace and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Sánchez was also on the scoresheet for his side.

US Palermo keeping on the pressure in Div 1. Koln still 3 points with 4 games remaining. Big game coming up sunday night.

The offer for Juan MATA of Manchester United from 1. FC Köln has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Mata making a return to Koln where he was a fans favourite in season 2 before he was sold to Man Utd for 25M, but has now agreed to join back up with koln for 15M :cool:

The offer for Juan MATA of Manchester United from 1. FC Köln has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Mata making a return to Koln where he was a fans favourite in season 2 before he was sold to Man Utd for 25M, but has now agreed to join back up with koln for 15M :cool:

One of the quirks of Soccer Manager which benefits this gw no end. Hopefully it doesn't go away when they make all the changes.

• Advertisement

Koln and TSV Munich were playing tug of war of a potential signing, lots of bids went in, and the winning bid was, no-one! Both teams pulled out!!!

A spokesperson for Koln said they identified another target which would make them more money :pac:

So close I can almost taste it.

River Plate hammered Nottingham Forest 6 - 1 in their Division 2 fixture.
    Kranevitter was impressive and scored a hat-trick, later being voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    De Vrij and Alonso were also amongst the goalscorers.

Best of luck to Koln and Palermo in the race for the Division 1 title. 4 nil loss to Palermo tonight to rule me out of the running!

Only 1 point in it now. Hopefully this won't be a repeat of last season, and end up losing it on the last game.

squeaky mice time

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

six games unbeaten run sees me secure top 8 position

Club Brugge KV beat FC St.Pauli 2 - 1 in their Division 1 fixture.
    Insigne and Thauvin were amongst the goalscorers.

2 games to go 4 points clear, here's where I lose it on the last day.

Finally champions, looks like de Braga promoted aswel

River Plate beat Southend United 2 - 0 in their Division 2 fixture.
    Aogo scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Ramires was also on the scoresheet for his side.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Midlife Crashes

Promoted :D:D (Well pretty much )

Sporting de Braga outclassed Blackburn Rovers and thrashed them 7 - 1 in their Division 2 fixture.
    Kane scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Rodríguez and Pirlo were also amongst the goalscorers.

Kane - 1 goal 0 assists. 10 rating and motm
    Ricordo Rodriguez, my left back, got 4 goals and 2 assists. 8 rating

SM logic :confused::confused:

I don't think anyone has done deals with another human user in this league but i'm opening up offers for Ronaldo now. I'm 3m in debt and i need to get him off the books and bring in some players in the low 90s.

• Advertisement

I don't think anyone has done deals with another human user in this league but i'm opening up offers for Ronaldo now. I'm 3m in debt and i need to get him off the books and bring in some players in the low 90s.

I'm tempted but its against my ethos in this league to buy out and out superstars ... ah what the heck, take a look at brugge and let me know on SM PM what it would take :D

I@m tempted but not sure you'll accept 1.2m, Jackon Martinez and a packet of Mrs. McGready's crisps ...

baza Rakus wrote: »
    I@m tempted but not sure you'll accept 1.2m, Jackon Martinez and a packet of Mrs. McGready's crisps ...

Unfortunately not.... I need someone with bags of cash and a top player to throw in

Unfortunately not.... I need someone with bags of cash and a top player to throw in

It will be interesting to see I this plays out in this GW. I can't think of any transfer of this type happening in this GW to date.

I think the main reason players don't do transfers in this GW is cash IS valuable, which is a breath of fresh air, and transfers take more thought long term. The COM overpays for players with cash where it's very uncommon for managers to do this when they can buy other targets without overpaying.

Same reason that 50% of the highest rated players are still available for transfer. 3 90's might be more beneficial to a team then one superstar.

The top 10 transfers of the gameworld are all clubs overpaying to bring back their current players.

It will be interesting to see I this plays out in this GW. I can't think of any transfer of this type happening in this GW to date.

I think the main reason players don't do transfers in this GW is cash IS valuable, which is a breath of fresh air, and transfers take more thought long term. The COM overpays for players with cash where it's very uncommon for managers to do this when they can buy other targets without overpaying.

Same reason that 50% of the highest rated players are still available for transfer. 3 90's might be more beneficial to a team then one superstar.

The top 10 transfers of the gameworld are all clubs overpaying to bring back their current players.

I can't see this anomaly lasting though. When they change the game rules/engine it will be gone.

Bid in from Madrid for 49 million for Ronaldo. I'll take it that nobody can match that with cash and players so i'll go ahead and accept.

Haha, that was tight. Regained the title again on goal difference.
    Next season will be tighter again.

well done to Köln
    Couldn't of been closer!
    winning title by 3 goals
    Commiserations to John @ Palermo, back to back 2nds??

Did I really only get 3,855,666 for winning division 2.

• Advertisement

In and outs ...

Ruben LOFTUS-CHEEK has completed his move to Club Brugge KV from Chelsea for 130,000 plus Callum ROBERTS and Dion COOLS

Paco ALCÁCER has completed his move to Club Brugge KV from Valencia CF for 4,680,000 plus Thorgan HAZARD and Tyler BLACKETT

Luiz DANILO has completed his move to Club Brugge KV from Real Madrid for 900,000 plus Thomas MEUNIER and Obbi OULARÉ

Advertisement