Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wine tasting or wine-based events

Options
  • 30-10-2014 12:14am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hayfield Manor has a Wine Society evening, where they pair wines with a 5 course meal. They hold it about once every 2 months. Is there anywhere else in Cork that does something similar? I'm talking about events that would be suitable as gifts for a significant birthday, so something like wine tastings or food and wine pairing events, anything like that. All suggestions welcome!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭calnand

I think bubble brothers do something like that, l'atitude might have something as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

Might be worth trying Huguenot too. Not being in there yet, but there aren't too many wine-bars in Cork to be honest!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Oh, is that the new one? It opened after i left so I'm not familiar with it.

Yup, well it's the wine-bar / bistro on Carey's Lane. I'm not sure if it's more wine-bar or bistro. :P I've only just passed by, the downstairs area looks fairly small, obviously couldn't see upstairs.

I remember one of the staff in Arthur Maynes talking about wine-tasting events too actually - I don't remember if they were hosting or recommending external events.

• Advertisement
Advertisement