If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5.1 speaker recommendation

Options
  • 30-10-2014 6:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭

Hi Guy's,

So I've bought the following;

Benq W1070 3D
    Denon AVR-x2000
    Projector screen

I am now looking for advise on a 5.1 speaker system for a room that measures 10ftx8ft.

Obviously the room isn't big, just like my budget! My budget would be around €400 less if possible. 

If i could a 5.1 for that it would be great, if not i would settle for 5.0 until I can save some more for the sub. For a room this size is 5.1 over kill?

Any advise and suggestions would be great.

Regards,
    BobbyT28

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

BobbyT28 wrote: »
    Hi Guy's,

Benq W1070 3D
    Denon AVR-x2000
    Projector screen

I am now looking for advise on a 5.1 speaker system for a room that measures 10ftx8ft.

Obviously the room isn't big, just like my budget! My budget would be around €400 less if possible. 

If i could a 5.1 for that it would be great, if not i would settle for 5.0 until I can save some more for the sub. For a room this size is 5.1 over kill?

Regards,
    BobbyT28
    Nice system so far, well done ( I really like how the X2000 sounds, especially on stereo, its great!)

€400 will actually get you a really great 5.1 system - given the room dimensions I'd guess we are looking at a satellite based system to save a bit of space - here are a few ideas at various price levels:

Tannoy SFX 5.1 €229.99
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-100504-sfx51.aspx

Great sounding starter system from a stalwart AV speaker manufacturer

JBL Cinema 510 €259.99
    Typical JBL big bass and power - this system has just come back into stock and looks great in a high gloss black finish - really excellent for way under your budget
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200854-cinema-510.aspx

Polk TL1600 €398
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200882-tl1600.aspx

Bit of a strange one this - but I actually think that this will be the best matched for your X2000 - its simply sounds awesome with the Denon - not surprising I guess as they are distributed by the same company so there must be some synergy there - they are especially good value in euro at the moment as well as they are £330 sterling which should work out at way over €420 before delivery!

All the euro pricing above includes shipping anywhere in Ireland.

Thanks again for the enquiry and don't hesitate to drop us a line if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

BobbyT28 wrote: »
    Hi Guy's,

Benq W1070 3D
    Denon AVR-x2000
    Projector screen

Regards,
    BobbyT28
    Nice system so far, well done ( I really like how the X2000 sounds, especially on stereo, its great!)

€400 will actually get you a really great 5.1 system - given the room dimensions I'd guess we are looking at a satellite based system to save a bit of space - here are a few ideas at various price levels:

Tannoy SFX 5.1 €229.99
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-100504-sfx51.aspx

Great sounding starter system from a stalwart AV speaker manufacturer

JBL Cinema 510 €259.99
    Typical JBL big bass and power - this system has just come back into stock and looks great in a high gloss black finish - really excellent for way under your budget
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200854-cinema-510.aspx

Polk TL1600 €398
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200882-tl1600.aspx

Bit of a strange one this - but I actually think that this will be the best matched for your X2000 - its simply sounds awesome with the Denon - not surprising I guess as they are distributed by the same company so there must be some synergy there - they are especially good value in euro at the moment as well as they are £330 sterling which should work out at way over €420 before delivery!

All the euro pricing above includes shipping anywhere in Ireland.

Thanks again for the enquiry and don't hesitate to drop us a line if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Cheers John,

Will have a look. Would be willing to spend the extra few bob on the Polk Tl1600's if they would be the best option?

Would this system do me for the next couple of year?

Thanks,

BobbyT28.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Bobby,

yes - that's the real point of the Polk 1600 over the rest of those 5.1 packages - it really is a system that you could still use if you upgrade your Denon AVR - we have just had them on with the new Marantz SR5009 and the Pioneer SCLX58 and the Polk TL1600 just keeps sounding better and better with each upgrade.

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.