Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish water in charlesland wood today

Options
  • 30-10-2014 8:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭

On my way to work this morning I saw Irish water convoy rolling into charlesland wood

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

Yep, digging the roads up. I'm guessing that either there are not any existing meters or they are not compatible.
    At least we will get billed for what we use rather than a guess / average

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭HappyDaze007

Assuming you fancy paying for your water twice that is... ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

Assuming you fancy paying for your water twice that is... ;-)

Everyone will have to pay so i would rather pay the second time for what i use rather than what it is assumed i use.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭jpd

Water was never free - the cost was just hidden in general taxation

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Gordy6040

The cost may have been hidden but i don't see anything dropping now that it's out in the "open"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Gordy6040 wrote: »
    The cost may have been hidden but i don't see anything dropping now that it's out in the "open"

not justifying the IW farrago, but there were several tax cuts in the recent budget, with more likely next year.

Advertisement