Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned by BIKO for defending my home town from an idiot

Options
  • 30-10-2014 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭

heres what i was banned for:

Dear blueb,

You have been infracted for being uncivil.

Typically, this means that you are posting in a needlessly aggressive or confrontational manner being disruptive on the forum or causing stress for the other members. We don't want that here.

For more information please refer to the Boards.ie FAQ.

If you wish to appeal this infraction you can see details on how to do so here.

biko

Your post:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by blueb View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Stella Virgo View Post
    Drink coffee and read a book in public in athenry?????? Sweet jebus ,get out now before your lynched by the local hurley swinging, turf eating,
    sheep lovin, locals

to which i replied
    idiot

why was i banned and not the person i was replying to?????

I called him an idiot but he called me and my home town hurley swinging, turf eating,sheep lovin, locals... im banned for being uncivil... what a joke .. im sick of it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭blueb

Can i get a response please??

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Hi blueb,
    I'll look into this for you. Have you PMed the mod to discuss this?

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭blueb

no, and i wont be talking to someone with such a distorted sense of fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

Let's close this off.

To answer the first part of the OP's question "Why was I banned" ... you were banned for calling another poster an idiot. Simple as that.

As to the rest of your question "and not the person I was replying to" ... that forms no part of this DRP.

If the post offended you, and it clearly did, you should have reported it. That's all. By reacting as you did, you run the risk of censure.

If you are not willing to engage with the mod, there's not much more we can do here.

Calling someone an idiot IS uncivil ... the infraction is both fair and reasonable. Won't be overturned.

/thread

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement