Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keeping photos / memories of child online

Options
  • 30-10-2014 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭

As I'm sure is the same with most new parents, we have been taking hundreds of photos of our newborn and would like to keep them all somewhere, preferably online so we can add to them over time and have them for when our newborn grows up in one safe place.

I was wondering what people do to keep them, was thinking of setting up a private facebook page for only mammy & daddy to be able to add photos or setting up an email address and emailing photos to baby over time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

I keep all of ours on Dropbox which is a cloud based app. Tonnes of storage, easy to use and easy to share with anyone you give permission to view them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I find dropbox really handy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

We use google storage, set to auto-upload from phones. We tag them then afterwards... kids, other stuff etc. It is linked to a gmail address that we send stuff to as well, like video clips etc.

I try to print a photobook each year as well for them. Nice to have something tangible. I keep an eye out for photobook special offers and sales from about now until next spring for them. My friend saw them and said we should get several copies, as the kids will fight over them when we are gone, but she's a bit morbid!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

I post all my online videos to a private youtube page, handy to be able to share them with family etc.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I use drop box and Google back up .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

pwurple wrote: »
    We use google storage, set to auto-upload from phones. We tag them then afterwards... kids, other stuff etc. It is linked to a gmail address that we send stuff to as well, like video clips etc.

I try to print a photobook each year as well for them. !
    2 very good ideas! I've got so many photos on my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

We use One Drive. Similar to Dropbox I think. We have one folder per year and stick all the family pics from that year into it.

Advertisement