Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World 50km trophy final

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

he's 4th through 10k Orna is 15th

Where you getting that from? Can't get any trackers to load

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭TRR_the_turd

If he finishes he will medal I'd say.

very very early days

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭dublin runner

very very early days

Definitely. Anything can happen. The weather well probably mean a lot of DNF so yoy never know.

15k: 53:01

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭Peckham

Small detail, but am surprised by the gear being worn by some of the runners. Have seen plenty of tshirts, some tights, someone listening to their iphone.

Surprising given the quality of athlete and hot conditions....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

Where you getting that from? Can't get any trackers to load

You can track on your mobile here http://www.iau-ultramarathon.org/

Peckham wrote: »
    Small detail, but am surprised by the gear being worn by some of the runners. Have seen plenty of tshirts, some tights, someone listening to their iphone.

the world 50k has about 50 athletes. Roughly 25 men and women. The remaining of the field and some of the guys you mention are most likely locals. The trophy race is incorporated into a larger open race.

the world 50k has about 50 athletes. Roughly 25 men and women. The remaining of the field and some of the guys you mention are most likely locals. The trophy race is incorporated into a larger open race.

Guessed that just after I posted that. Some look in worse shape than me, which is saying a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

I saw one lad go past who would look more at place in the front row of a Samoan scrum than at an elite ultrarunning event. Maybe my eyes were deceiving me, or it was some volunteer running by.

• Advertisement

Also, how come we're not getting a lap-by-lap commentary here from her coach? Any inside information?!

Also, how come we're not getting a lap-by-lap commentary here from her coach? Any inside information?!

only that she is running off heart rate rather than pace for the first half of the race. Waiting for this fecking 15k split and that will give a good indication how she's getting on

only that she is running off heart rate rather than pace for the first half of the race. Waiting for this fecking 15k split and that will give a good indication how she's getting on

Looks to be down?

Looks to be down?

yes Raivis Zakis split is missing too! Either it's down or she has found some sense and ran off on digger with Zakis ;)

She went by the camera ages ago...GOH came up afterwards so obviously already through the 15k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

It's being run in conjunction with a 50k relay event. I'd say a lot of local punters are only doing 5k

There she is again. Would recognise that dopey gait anywhere :pac:

edit: still around 22 mins per 5k based on the two times I've seen her on camera, assuming the camera is on the 5k point.

Just home now, anywhere we can track overall results rather than just individual? The Stuweb page shows nothing...

There she is again. Would recognise that dopey gait anywhere :pac:

edit: still around 22 mins per 5k based on the two times I've seen her on camera, assuming the camera is on the 5k point.

yep seen her there and she looks ok. If she's hitting those splits she should come through the field nicely. Would love to know her current position!

menoscemo wrote: »
    Just home now, anywhere we can track overall results rather than just individual? The Stuweb page shows nothing...

I'd settle for an individual tracker that would work but like you was hoping to get an idea of overall field.

I'm watching this in a boozer in Spain having a few pints. I could be a dribbling mess by the time this is over!

If I offend, bully or attack any individuals/nations/species/sex over the coming hours I apologise in advance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Tracker is ****ing useless.....

yep seen her there and she looks ok. If she's hitting those splits she should come through the field nicely. Would love to know her current position!

What's a good result? What's a great one? Presumably good one would be to match her seeding (7th?) and great one would be to beat it?

What's a good result? What's a great one? Presumably good one would be to match her seeding (7th?) and great one would be to beat it?

I think she is actually seeded 9th but there are a few wild cards as well that aren't on that list. 3/4 sub 2.45 marathon runners.

Could digdig not bung someone a text and let us know...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

Saw her pass by camera there. Looks like she's flying along.

Could digdig not bung someone a text and let us know...

he is officially the most useless fcuker on the planet. Phone going straight to mobile. He's probably lost reception under some poor young ones burka!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

he is officially the most useless fcuker on the planet. Phone going straight to mobile. He's probably lost reception under some poor young ones burka!

Beer kicking in I see..

Chivito550 wrote: »
    Beer kicking in I see..

ha ha touche! Had to read that a couple of times! regardless, he is still a useless fcuker!

Just saw Gary go through there, but I have no idea how many laps or whether it's good bad or indifferent news.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Netwerk Errer

menoscemo wrote: »
    Just saw Gary go through there, but I have no idea how many laps or whether it's good bad or indifferent news.....

should only be two laps left now.

Advertisement