Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World 50km trophy final

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭TRR_the_turd

menoscemo wrote: »
    Just saw Gary go through there, but I have no idea how many laps or whether it's good bad or indifferent news.....

ditto. I see he's wearing his AK singlet and number nice and high on his chest. For some unexplainable reason that high number annoys the $hit out of me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

should only be two laps left now.

Did this start at Bang on 3? doubt he went through 8 laps in 2:14 to be honest...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Looks like the tracker is down or else they all stopped for dinner.

Did this start at Bang on 3? doubt he went through 8 laps in 2:14 to be honest...

It says 6.02 pm on useless tracker, but I'd trust that less than digger in a teenage disco!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

Gary looks like he is slowing badly as Raivis who runs for West Waterford isn't far behind him.

• Advertisement

Well the I'd say he likely wemt thourgh 35k in 2:12 then.
    Think I saw Orna on one of the on course cameras there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Netwerk Errer

My mistake. It definetely started at 3.02. That was probably his 35k split.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭Enduro

Welcome to the land of the IAU.... This tracking is typical of their endevours! I've never seen an organisation start so many communications with the words "we apologise" :rolleyes:

Anyway, Gary looks like he is pacing beautifully.! Very frustrating not have more infor on how Orna is doing.

Gary Just went thru again, by my calculation that was a 20 minute 5k...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭Peckham

Lots of "looks like", "I think" and "probably" here!

• Advertisement

Guessing game here,any idea of positions?
    i think everyone is slowing in those conditions.

I'd just like to reiterate as bad as this tracking is, you'd think digger would have his fcuking phone with him!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

If only we knew someone over in Qatar that was not running and had some way to communicate with them.

If. Only.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

I'd just like to reiterate as bad as this tracking is, you'd think digger would have his fcuking phone with him!

The phone was fcuked in the water earlier after he left boards!;)

I never thought I'd say this but I think this coverage is worse than the Chicago Marathon...

blockic wrote: »
    The phone was fcuked in the water earlier after he left boards!;)

In an act of retaliation I've just rang the Qatar authorities and informed them that they aren't married! That should be enough to have his mickey chopped off!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

Just saw Gary again, running somewhere, who knows where, what pace or position! Just running

tracker is back

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

One job.

Orna 14th through 30k
    Gary 7th through 40k

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Forrest_BiggestBeard_end.jpg

just looking at their 5k splits and on average both are slowing by a minute per 5k. Based on last couple of splits, Orna seems to be slowing at a slighter faster rate though!

Even biwot slowing to 20minutes for his last 5k in third.Conditions brutal.

Gary has slowed down to 21+ minutes/5k and orna to 25+ minutes (yet she is gaining places)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Netwerk Errer

Zakis's splits are all over the place. They have a couple of his 5k splits at 40 minute jobs yet have him at 9th. I think they somehow didn't register two of his splits on the clock.

Conditions are tough. 29 degrees and 60% humidity (which all things considered isn;t too bad). They've known about these conditions since May so if they've prepared right the last 10k could see them pick up places!

Surely, this can't be right. Ravis:

no don't think it is see above

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Zakis's splits are all over the place. They have a couple of his 5k splits at 40 minute jobs yet have him at 9th. I think they somehow didn't register two of his splits on the clock.

Conditions are tough. 29 degrees and 60% humidity (which all things considered isn;t too bad). They've known about these conditions since May so if they've prepared right the last 10k could see them pick up places!

Thought it would be much worse than that. Was expecting high 30's at least. Still tough when you've been training through an Irish autumn.

Gary put on a spurt from 40-45k (20:45) and moved up to 4th.
    Orna thru 35k but slowing badly (28:25) but still moves up a place to 13th

• Advertisement

Looks like he has missed a couple of mats

Advertisement