Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World 50km trophy final

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭TRR_the_turd

menoscemo wrote: »
    Gary put on a spurt from 40-45k (20:45) and moved up to 4th.
    Orna thru 35k but slowing badly (28:25) but still moves up a place to 13th

fcuk sake, would be nice to know how far behind 3rd he is and what sort of splits they are hitting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Netwerk Errer

Gary put on a spurt from 40-45k (20:45) and moved up to 4th.
    Orna thru 35k but slowing badly (28:25) but still moves up a place to 13th

Come on GOH!! Bring it home!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Biwott has dropped out by the looks of it

using bib numbers to search through results 1st and 2nd are in. Don't think 3rd has finished yet

fcuk sake, would be nice to know how far behind 3rd he is and what sort of splits they are hitting

1st and 2nd are finished anyway, 3:00 and 3:01

• Advertisement

3rd through 45k in 2.45

3rd was 6 minutes ahead of Gary at 45k
    http://m.racetecresults.com/MyResult.aspx?R=1060&EId=1&AId=5298 and had just done a 19:00

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Seem to be lining up the cameras for the finishing chute.

unless 3rd dies a death GOH is looking at 4th which would be savage

I'm going to get blasted for saying this but if GOH was targeting this seriously what the hell was he doing running DCM on Monday. Maybe he wan't really targeting todays race???????

• Advertisement

3rd lad just home on the camera feed #6

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

I'm going to get blasted for saying this but if GOH was targeting this seriously what the hell was he doing running DCM on Monday. Maybe he wan't really targeting todays race???????

It's a very fair point, but he does some crazy amount of racing. Still, a marathon and a 50k within 5 days is just nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Wonder if *ahem* sponsors would rather their folks run the biggest events in country...

Wondered that myself.

I think that magical sub-2.20 is the apple of Gary's eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Yeah, do one of them really well, not spread yourself so thin. Just imagine how he'd have done had he not raced Dublin a few days ago.

4th in. Not GOH

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Gary across the line - looks fooked, well done.

I think that magical sub-2.20 is the apple of Gary's eye.

well if he was trying to do it in Dublin he picked the wrong year to do it! Course was tough and conditions on the day would have ruled times out

Surprising that no-one was there to help him as he crossed the line, he was all over the shop!!

• Advertisement

3.14 in those conditions after a 2.26 marathon on Monday is great running. He has every right to look fcuked

Gary confirmed 5th

Any further updates on Orna?

AKW wrote: »
    Any further updates on Orna?

She was through 35 in 2.51 . 28 min 5k split.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭GoTheDistance

How can Gary O'Hanlon's running page post/share a link 2 hours ago on Facebook? Obviously it's not Gary himself who is posting. Who is crewing for him over there - they should be helping him at the finish line.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Gary confirmed 5th

Looks like he wasn't passed on the last lap either, must have been 5th heading into it.

Hope Orna is Ok, no word from her splits for the last 40 minutes :(

Hopefully a tracking issue but Orna hasn't registered a 40k split. It's now nearly 40 minute since she passed 35k.

Ravis Finished 7th in 3:20

• Advertisement

How can Gary O'Hanlon's running page post/share a link 2 hours ago on Facebook? Obviously it's not Gary himself who is posting. Who is crewing for him over there - they should be helping him at the finish line.

maybe that's what caused him a medal! Updating his FB page while racing ;)

Advertisement