Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glendalough 15k 1st Nov 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 meathrunner

I'm doing this trail run on Saturday for first time, bit nervous about the big climb but looking forward to it. I'm used to walking in mountains & run a good bit on canal bank & roads but have never done any mountain running before. I suppose the key is to take it easy & walk where necessary. Any advice welcome😊

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

I did it last weekend to see how I'd manage and once I took my time, I enjoyed it. One mistake was trying to run up the along the waterfall at the beginning as I'm not ready for that yet. Best to take it easy there unless you're able for that!
    By the way, the 600m of trail they say is very mucky - its practically under water and very boggy, nearly lost my runners a few times. Must say, once you get up top, its pretty damn cool, the view is superb and knowing its all downhill from there. Looking forward to it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

" nearly lost my runners a few times" - tighten the shoelaces ;)

Its nearly all downhill from there. When you turn right off the Wicklow way heading back to Glendo theres a sneaky incline.

Hope the weather is kind. Its a great event and a magic location.

Best of luck to all for today!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 meathrunner

Well that was definitely a new experience today! It was hard going but very enjoyable day out. Luckily rain held off until we were having refreshments afterwards. Climbs were tough going & had to walk good few times but the downhill was brilliant when it came😄 The 600m of muck was pretty awful, everyone was sinking in it, in the end you just had to laugh & plod on! Very well organised event that I will definitely do again. Well done Paul & all involved in organising👍👍

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 254 ✭✭Excuseless

Provisional results up earlier this evening at www.glendaloughtrail.com

Really enjoyed this event. Although I haven't done many races, I cant see many beating this for organisation and location, it was so well run and is a great tribute to organisers. The weather was perfect, specially when you consider a rain storm blew in about an hour after it finished! Looking forward to next year, a potential fancy dress version perhaps?

Advertisement