Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business Ideas & Entrepreneurship Forum – Your thoughts please.

Options
  • 30-10-2014 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭

Hello Everybody,

This post may sound a little odd or even out of place ....feel free to move it if necessary.
    My background is a Qualified Accountant with training experience combined with Retail and Sales experience. Like many other areas , work in the training area has got quiet recently forcing me to consider alternatives which is why i am on here.....for your ideas or thoughts on this!
    On the other hand , i have a substantial asset base and experience in Sales with a large Multinational FMCG food company. I cannot seem to find a suitable venture , either startup or established, to invest my time or money in. ( I am not interested in the Bouncy castle or Health & Wellness type options on Donedeal or indeed the “genuine” ones that will make you a million in 12 months! )
    Are there websites or trading businesses for sale that maybe i haven’t heard of? Newspapers and normal property websites don’t seem to have the relevant information.
    Is there possibly room for a centralised website based around the factors of production i.e. Land, Labour, Capital & Entrepreneurship / Ideas where people could advertise under the relevant category?
    I am based in Tipperary and don’t mind travelling to any part of Munster and i am also willing to be either an active or passive investor.
    Do you have any ideas or thoughts on the above ?

PS – Sorry about being so long winded but i was just trying to get the point across.

Chevy RV

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭gargargar

Why don't you go to various new business conferences? Web summit being the tech one, but from memory, the Sunday Business Post used to run something too.

At these you could talk to early businesss that are looking for seed money, but also a businesss partner. There are a lot of people with ideas looking for money.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

How about https://www.linkedfinance.com/

Worth a look anyways :)

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭jt_dublin

Hi,

Here is a website the buys & sells existing websites with proven income & analytics. It might be worth a look. I heard one of the owners being interviewed on a podcast. They price most websites at around 20 times the net monthly revenue and from what the owner was saying, they get close to the asking price.

http://empireflippers.com/

Is this the type of thing that you were searching for? If you do use them, I'd love to hear some feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Chevy RV

Hello jt_dublin,

I had a look at empire flippers and it is not really what i am after as it is US based.

Do you think there is any such Irish / UK equivalent?

Is there room for a possible website as i outlined above in my original post?

Regards,

Chevy RV

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭jt_dublin

Chevy RV wrote: »
    Hello jt_dublin,

I had a look at empire flippers and it is not really what i am after as it is US based.

Do you think there is any such Irish / UK equivalent?

Is there room for a possible website as i outlined above in my original post?

Regards,

Chevy RV

Hi Chevy RV,

Sorry but I'm not aware of on that matches what you are looking for. But that's not to say it's not out there!

Let us know if you find one.

Best of luck,
    JT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Chevy RV

Thanks JT .....I will do.

What do you think of the original idea of creating a website where people can place the offering under the factors of production e.g.

LAND - Land, Buildings, Premises, Shops etc

LABOUR - Type of skills people have, technical , practical , experience etc

CAPITAL - Money, Licences, Franchises, Contracts etc

ENTREPRENEURIAL - Ideas, Intellectual Property, Market Knowledge or opportunities spotted.

The above could effectively match the people with money to the people with ideas to the people who are prepared to work. Such a zone seems unavailable outside of the tech area.

Wasn't the web summit a fantastic success. Something of a similar nature for the more general sectors would be brilliant.

Regards,

Chevy RV

Advertisement