Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traffic in Corbally

• 30-10-2014 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all,

My friends and I are thinking about renting in Corbally. Just wondering what the traffic situation is like in the mornings. I'm heading the Adare direction, so would have to make it on to the motorway/dual carriageway; would I have to leave at a crazy hour in the morning? My friends are working in the Castletroy direction then.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

You want to combine corbally traffic with adare traffic? Will you be sandpapering your eyeballs at the same time for extra masochism? Avoid both locations at peak times if you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Limerick91

I leave Corbally at 7:35 in the morning and I am in Raheen before 8:00

Traffic is usually not too bad before 7:45.

Coming home from Raheen takes about 25 minutes, even if the traffic is really bad it only adds on about 5 minutes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Jofspring

If you are going to be heading out to adare you are better off moving somewhere that is easily accessible to the dual carriageway. Corbally is pretty much the only part of limerick that isn't easily accessible to it and if you managed to hit the Corbally traffic anyway late in the morning it could take a bit of time to get to work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,278 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

If commuting between Adare and Castletroy then Corbally is probably one of the worst places to be looking at living from a traffic perspective imo. Raheen/Dooradoyle would be more suitable and has easy access to the M20/M21 (Adare) and M7 (Castletroy) motorways.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Toffeeboy

As said above Corbally traffic is okay before 7.45 and it is not 2 bad in the evenings.
    If the kids are on holidays it is okay anytime in the morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,240 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

....and it's usually dire heading back through Corbally in the evening.

As already mentioned Dooradoyle/Raheen should suit you all. Annacotty not bad either. Would suit the Castletroy guys and you're pretty much on the motorway (and it's just outside the 'Student Zone').

As for the Adare traffic you would be going in the opposite direction to the worst of it, so not really an issue.

If you all want to be nearer to town have a look at the South Circular Road side. Easy enough to access the M/way for both adare and Castletroy by heading out the Dock Rd.

But Corbally (or the Ennis Road...unless you like paying Tolls) wouldn't make sense for any of you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,822 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Might be shouted down for this but maybe get up a half hour early some morning, drive to Corbally and then on to Adare. Do it on a wet morning to try to replicate likely worst case scenario...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Depends what time you travel at, live in Corbally, I'm on the road at 7.20am, in Castletroy clocking in no later than 7.35am

The odd time I have to do the school run, it's a mare, both on the Corbally road & approaching the Groody roundabout

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭Knit wit

I live in corbally and work in croom. I leave each morning at 8.25 to arrive at work by 8.55. I go across the park bridge to the parkway and then across the Childers road and onto the motorway at the maldron. On the way home I usually come home through the city which is grand about 30 minutes. Adare is a good bit out ... Castletroy has access to the motorway so might be better for u.

Knit wit wrote: »
    I live in corbally and work in croom. I leave each morning at 8.25 to arrive at work by 8.55. I go across the park bridge to the parkway and then across the Childers road and onto the motorway at the maldron. On the way home I usually come home through the city which is grand about 30 minutes. Adare is a good bit out ... Castletroy has access to the motorway so might be better for u.

.....not for much longer I'm afraid.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057311097

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Glad to see that.
    I (amongst loads more, I'd guess) sent in an objection to this ridiculous proposal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭BobMc

still ridiculous, the hole route in and around super valu,pa healy corbally rd, and dublin rd junction is a mess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

You want to combine corbally traffic with adare traffic? Will you be sandpapering your eyeballs at the same time for extra masochism? Avoid both locations at peak times if you can.

Adare traffic is fine westbound in the mornings and eastbound in the evenings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭chicorytip

The proposed one-way system for Lower Park makes sense, in my opinion. The stretch of road in question is,as it stands, simply too narrow for traffic to pass safely and widening would be impossible.

I think you're missing the point here.Most people are complaining that the one-way system would be going in the wrong direction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,338 ✭✭✭✭phog

chicorytip wrote: »
    The proposed one-way system for Lower Park makes sense, in my opinion. The stretch of road in question is,as it stands, simply too narrow for traffic to pass safely and widening would be impossible.

I seldom use it now but I did during the peak of the Celtic Tiger and this road managed with the traffic that was on it then so why not wait to make it one way until after the ring road is completed.

Advertisement