Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I insured without NCT?

Options
  • 30-10-2014 3:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I bought a car recently the NCT expired and I was unable to make my original booking for the NCT test.

I have made another appointment however, I was unable to get another appointment until January.

In the meantime is the car still fully insured?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 235 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Sean

DylanII wrote: »
    Hi,

I bought a car recently the NCT expired and I was unable to make my original booking for the NCT test.

I have made another appointment however, I was unable to get another appointment until January.

Hi DylanII

Can you PM me your policy details and I will arrange for someone to look into this for you.

Regards
    Seán

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

http://www.libertyinsurance.ie/documents/policydocs/motor_policy_roi.pdf

From the policy doc, the insurance company has a get out clause if you unfortunately have a claim..try for a cancellation..i got one pretty fast with my old car.

Duty of care
    12. You or any insured person must:
    a take all reasonable steps to prevent 
    accidents, injuries, loss or damage;
    .... make sure the vehicle is kept 
    in a roadworthy condition and, 
    if necessary, has a valid NCT 
    certificate.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 87 ✭✭Heisenberg88

DylanII wrote: »
    Hi,

If you ring them up they will put you on a canecellation list and have to provide you with a test within 30 days.

Advertisement