Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

water march

Options
  • 30-10-2014 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭

Is there a water march in Kilkenny on Saturday

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

It will be good to settle between direct or indirect taxation on this matter.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Yeah, Not sure what time it is on at. Won't be going myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Yeah, got a flyer about it. 1.30pm from the train station afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭toe_knee

From train station up John Street and up to the court house. 1.30

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

From the train station surely it's down John Street and not up John Street. :D

I will be there and encouraging everyone I know to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

Did our mayor make an appearance and tell everyone how he's completely against the water charges? I'm guessing so seeing as he's meant to be pushing for big Phil's empty seat. No doubt if he gets the seat he'll be all for the water charges as he's proven in the recent past :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Don't know about Andrew, but Pat McKee said he was going in solidarity with the protesters. Below is his statement. Note he is not actually against the charges. Just the way the government have handled things. He seem to be trying to bat from both sides of the fence.

I look forward to standing in solidarity with people today at the Irish Water protest in Kilkenny. This is more than simply a payment issue. It's about the behaviour of Irish Water and the Government. Rushing the legislation through the Oireachtas, excluding the set up of Irish Water from FOI legislation, tens of millions of public monies on consultants, issues surrounding the awarding of the contract, an unacceptable bonus culture.....I could go on! Protest starts at 13:30 at McDonagh Train Station Kilkenny City.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭LadyBetty

According to 6pm news there was a turnout of 2,000 for the Kilkenny march, not bad considering the horrible weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Silverscott

A few photo's on facebook by Andrew but no pics of him or comments against irish water.

Advertisement