Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irishtown won't be ready until "Spring 2015"

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭RuMan

If they are amateur and don't pay people how do they contribute to the economy? Maybe it's all the under the table payments that the gaa doesn't pay tax on that you are referring to?

All sports contribute to the economy and if there was no gaa people would be doing another sport instead which would equally well contribute to the economy.

I know for a fact, having witessed it, that culchies rocking up to croker sit on the kerbs drinking home made tea or cans of harp so they don't have to spend a red cent up in the big schmoke.

Hi Jerry, nice to have u on boards.ie !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭KielyUnusual

As much as I dislike to deviate away from this GAA/Athletics funding conservation but there is breaking news on the pothole front.

It has been fixed :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,858 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

As much as I dislike to deviate away from this GAA/Athletics funding conservation but there is breaking news on the pothole front.

It has been fixed :D

But who fixed it? Surely not the council?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭KielyUnusual

It looks like government grade cement anyway. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Someone looking to be elected!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

It's fixed, but it's a real 5 minute job. The patchy bit is about half a centimetre lower in level than the rest of the track.

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Someone looking to be elected!

Joan or Gerry?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Joan or Gerry?

Wouldn't it be someone in Dublin Bay south?

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be someone in Dublin Bay south?

It was a joke. But you can put any of them in the bay itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

The reason we pay tax is to get public services and facilities. The Gaa just got €100m in cork, is it too much to ask for a €100k running track to be done properly? Is it ok to waste taxpayers money on making a haims of things for years?

Would love to know where that €100M figure comes from. Considering the entire GAA's revenue last year was €56M, i doubt one sub unit alone of the GAA is being given 100 Million Euro from the government.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,824 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Track is in fairly poor shape, lots of tears just past the finish line in 4 or 5 of the lanes.

However, there was a sign up saying that the track will be closed from the 30th to the 6th for maintenance, hopefully it's a proper fix

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

28064212 wrote: »
    Track is in fairly poor shape, lots of tears just past the finish line in 4 or 5 of the lanes.

However, there was a sign up saying that the track will be closed from the 30th to the 6th for maintenance, hopefully it's a proper fix

You were obv at the graded also. Yeh track in shocking bad condition, considering how long it was closed before I wouldn't hold my breath for it to be finished in 7days, I couldn't see that being a proper fix anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,491 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

My understanding is that the repairs were delayed till summer to avoid a repeat of the situation last time. No one wanted to let the original company (who must make good) near the track at a vulnerable time of year and have it closed for months over winter/spring again.

Advertisement