Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who fills the bag the most?

Options
  • 30-10-2014 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

I've a bit of a gripe with unfulfilled promises when it comes to crisps and snacks.
    Just yesterday I opened a pack of snacks and there was about 9 (little) snacks in the pack. WTF

Has anyone any advise on which are the best for giving the product and not just air in the packet/bag.

Rock me with goodness

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,777 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

The 'fullness' of the bag is irrelevant really as these products are sold by weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Kevin the Kid

The 'fullness' of the bag is irrelevant really as these products are sold by weight.

Right so. Which company has the most weight in the smallest bag please?

Grab yourself a tape measure & get down to your local supermarket for a fun Saturday morning of measuring packaging & recording the corresponding product weights. :)

The easier option would be to just buy the crisps/snacks that you actually like & get on with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Crisps are notoriously inconsistent in how much they are filled. Really happy with my 150gr sharing bag of tayto picked up for 79c vs €1+ for a normal bag of tayto in a city centre newsagent.

You are implying that fullness and value for money are my gripe when this is not the case. Fullness and unfulfilled promises are my gripe.
    I just want to get a bag of crisps that are pleasing when you open the bag. Of course I can by two bags and place them into one bag but really?
    I would contend that the visual aspect of dining along with smell taste and texture etc. complete the experience. A crappy portion when not expected does not enhance the experience. How many people know what 25g or 50g or 100g of crisps look like. Different crisps have different weights so that unless you know what 25g of snacks look like you are not likely to be able to compare it with 25g of hunky dory (cheese and onion ) unless you also have experience with this product also.

When you open a bag of crisps if the bag is empty it can leave some people feeling cheated. Of course it is cheating.
    Q.Why don't the manufactures fill the bag and charge more(per weight as you pointed out)
    A. They would like you to think there is more in the bag then there is. Only due to weights and measures they would happily leave the weight off the bag.

Green machine is happy with his bag of 150g of sharing tayto - I will be trying this so. One packet might be enough to satisfy all my requirements including a decent portion in a proportionally filled bag.

How do you feel about the thinner slices of Brennans batch? Do you remember the old slices.
    What is he world coming to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,312 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Crisps ≠ dining.

What do you mean by 'unfulfilled promises'?

Just stick the two together and work it out.

unfulfilled (ˌʌnfʊlˈfɪld )
    Definitions
    adjective
    1. not completed or achieved ⇒ unfulfilled ambitions
    2. not having achieved one's potential or desires

promise (ˈprɒmɪs )
    Definitions
    verb
    1. often foll by to; when tr, may take a clause as object or an infinitive to give an assurance of (something to someone); undertake (to do something) in the future ⇒ I promise that I will come
    2. (transitive) to undertake to give (something to someone) ⇒ he promised me a car for my birthday
    3. (when transitive, takes an infinitive) to cause one to expect that in the future one is likely (to be or do something) ⇒ she promises to be a fine soprano
    4. (usually passive) to engage to be married; betroth ⇒ I'm promised to Bill
    5. (transitive) to assure (someone) of the authenticity or inevitability of something (often in the parenthetic phrase I promise you, used to emphasize a statement) ⇒ there'll be trouble, I promise you
    noun
    6. an undertaking or assurance given by one person to another agreeing or guaranteeing to do or give something, or not to do or give something, in the future
    7. indication of forthcoming excellence or goodness ⇒ a writer showing considerable promise
    8. the thing of which an assurance is given

And in the context of your issue?

Here's a tip - Another smart arse reply like the above will probably not get you any further in resolving your issue.

For what it's worth Kevin...
    I feel that your attitude towards the help that's been offered leaves something to be desired.
    Nothing is worse than ungrateful posters.
    I think you might actually be trolling.
    X-ray mod vision allows me to see through the bull.

• Advertisement
Advertisement