Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urgent:How to apply to I sit a russian/romanian LC exam (native speaker)

• 30-10-2014 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

I don't do either Russian or Romanian as a subject.
    -I am a native speaker in both
    -have an Irish passport
    -am from Molodva
    -sitting the current leaving cert (2015)

Last year I figured out I can sit a Russian exam, but regarding how to apply I can't remember for the life of me any more and google searches have been fruitless. Romanian I don't think I can. Can anyone get me a link on how to apply urgently please? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭d1234

Are you currently attending a public/private school in Ireland? If so, there's usually a teacher in charge of examinations/accommodations and you should try to talk to them about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

If you are sitting your Leaving Cert in a regular school after Christmas the exam secretary (usually a teacher in charge of the exams paperwork) will ask you to fill in a form to register for the exams. The subjects you are already sitting in school will be on the form already as the school have you entered for them from your timetable. You can add subjects to the list so you can add Russian and Romanian to the form.

Romamian comes under the native speaker list of languages and you will only have to sit a written exam for that.

Russian is offered as a curricular language for Leaving Cert so you will have to do an oral exam, the aural and written for that. It is on the main LC timetable. The Russian oral will be on the same week as the French, German, etc orals.

You will be able to get past examination papers for both on examinations.ie

EDIT: Just saw the bit about you having an Irish passport. That doesn't affect your ability to do the Russian exam. Do you have a Moldovan passport too? Check with the exam secretary in your school about the requirements for the Romanian exam.

EDIT 2:

If you speak Romanian as a native language under the guidelines here it sounds like you would be eligible to sit the exam

https://www.examinations.ie/index.php?l=en&mc=ex&sc=eu

Advertisement