Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

would you 'go again'

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Something happens around the 12 month mark where you can go from never again to maybe soon. On my son I couldn't even contemplate it up to a year but after that I found myself gradually warming to the idea of no.2. I think 18 months is the big marker as the baby is usually sleeping better/regularly sleeping through the night by then. Even this time around I feel since my daughter turned 18 months that everything has gotten a little easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Oh, dear Lord, no!! My eldest is 21, then 14, then little one who will be 3 in January. Technically, I would still be young enough, as in I know women of my age who have had a new baby. But after the last little one was born, I felt mentally slow for about 2 years. Like the smallest decision was so hard to make, everything seemed insurmountable. Although the first two were brilliant sleepers from 6 -8 weeks, this little one still rarely sleeps through. If she does, she is up extra early . I am mostly a groggy mess!! Anyway I've already had 3 sections, and wouldn't be keen on a 4th. So physically and mentally, I will have to pass :)

Advertisement