Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

QB resurfacing

Options
  • 30-10-2014 6:37pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭

Council are doing some works on the Quinncentennial bridge westbound.
    Occupied tin boxes stretching all the way east to Monaghans on Tuam Rd at points during the day.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

Yesterday was reportedly pretty bad for traffic in the city, alright. Combination of this and mid-term traffic?

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

Any hope it will be finished before schools start back on Monday morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

Any hope it will be finished before schools start back on Monday morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

How that works could not be done at night is a mystery to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

I've vaguely understood why things have been dug up at crazy times in the past but this week is just ridiculous. The farcical junction going in at Dunne's combined with works on the bridge that surely could've been put off til a less busy time or at night has me boggled though. As I was stuck in it at 3pm yesterday Moncrief on Newstalk responded to someone giving out about the traffic with "That's just what they do in Galway. They like to change things, 'I don't think we've had this colour yet'". He's not wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

I've vaguely understood why things have been dug up at crazy times in the past but this week is just ridiculous. The farcical junction going in at Dunne's combined with works on the bridge that surely could've been put off til a less busy time or at night has me boggled though. As I was stuck in it at 3pm yesterday Moncrief on Newstalk responded to someone giving out about the traffic with "That's just what they do in Galway. They like to change things, 'I don't think we've had this colour yet'". He's not wrong.

Plus the 2 sets of road work in lower Newcastle and the set in lower salthill meant the town has been grid locked for the last few days

Advertisement