Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sensor supervisory warning on Phonewatch Concord Wireless alarm

Options
  • 30-10-2014 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all, this might have been answered here in the past but I have searched and can't seem to find anything to help

Am having trouble with a door sensor on my phonewatch concord wireless system. It started with the patio door sensor giving a "low battery" warning. Thats fine - I got a replacement battery. Took cover off sensor (which activated alarm) and replaced battery. Ever since then I am getting the supervisory warning. The cover is on correctly. There is a flashing * now in the LCD display on alarm panel

I ran the sensor test ( 8, user code, 3) and all ok. The flashing * stopped briefly but when I armed alarm and opened patio door nothing happened. I can take cover off sensor and it doesnt trip the tamper alarm.

I'm wondering if anyone would be able to advise? Its as if the sensor is not being recognised my the main panel.

Have also got the 'phone failure' warning which I would like to get rid of - I have seen on earlier threads an engineering code and some simple instructions can sort this out?

And the last problem is - when I got the initial low battery warning it happens at 3 AM - is there any way to change when the alarm sends its alerts?

I would really appreciate your help on this if possible,

Thanks in advance

Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,685 ✭✭✭✭altor

davemello wrote: »
    Hi all, this might have been answered here in the past but I have searched and can't seem to find anything to help

Am having trouble with a door sensor on my phonewatch concord wireless system. It started with the patio door sensor giving a "low battery" warning. Thats fine - I got a replacement battery. Took cover off sensor (which activated alarm) and replaced battery. Ever since then I am getting the supervisory warning. The cover is on correctly. There is a flashing * now in the LCD display on alarm panel

I ran the sensor test ( 8, user code, 3) and all ok. The flashing * stopped briefly but when I armed alarm and opened patio door nothing happened. I can take cover off sensor and it doesnt trip the tamper alarm.

I'm wondering if anyone would be able to advise? Its as if the sensor is not being recognised my the main panel.

Have also got the 'phone failure' warning which I would like to get rid of - I have seen on earlier threads an engineering code and some simple instructions can sort this out?

And the last problem is - when I got the initial low battery warning it happens at 3 AM - is there any way to change when the alarm sends its alerts?

I would really appreciate your help on this if possible,

Thanks in advance

Dave

Hi Dave,

The reason for the time is that is when the system does a sensor test to see if all sensors have reported. If it does not see one it will flag the problem. There is no way of changing this time.

Can you take the battery out of the sensor for about 2 minutes. Then replace the battery. Does the red light come on if you tape the sensor now? If this sensor is on the opening on the door make sure it is closed.

Phone communication error is the system trying to dial out.
    It needs the phone numbers deleted in engineer mode.
    I have sent you a P.M. re the code to do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭MuffinsDa

Hi Altor - I'm having a similar problem, sensor supervisory every evening at 9:30 followed by phone communication failure warning at 10. Doesn't bother me but driving the wife mad, which in turn drives me mad! Any chance you could send me a copy of the PM too when you get a chance? Thanks a mill.

Also, if I wanted to disable the alarm entirely (we never use it) would it be possible, and is it something you can do for a fee? If yes please send me your contact details in the PM and I'll give you a shout (or contact details for anyone you think may be able to do it!).

Thanks in Advance

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

MuffinsDa wrote: »
    Hi Altor - I'm having a similar problem, sensor supervisory every evening at 9:30 followed by phone communication failure warning at 10. Doesn't bother me but driving the wife mad, which in turn drives me mad! Any chance you could send me a copy of the PM too when you get a chance? Thanks a mill.

Also, if I wanted to disable the alarm entirely (we never use it) would it be possible, and is it something you can do for a fee? If yes please send me your contact details in the PM and I'll give you a shout (or contact details for anyone you think may be able to do it!).

Thanks in Advance

What system have you? Instead of turning it off you could set it to ring your mobile. You'd be mad to disable it with the way things are going.
    If you really don't want to use it simply open up the main unit and remove both the mains fuse and back up battery connections, turn off the mains at the fuse board just to be safe. The alarm will sound when the cover is opened but once you remove the mains + plus battery it'll be dead.

MuffinsDa wrote: »

Thanks in Advance

I would always recommend fixing a fault than powering down the system altogether. If you press the star button then your code can you post what fault is being listed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 davemello

altor wrote: »
    Hi Dave,

The reason for the time is that is when the system does a sensor test to see if all sensors have reported. If it does not see one it will flag the problem. There is no way of changing this time.

Can you take the battery out of the sensor for about 2 minutes. Then replace the battery. Does the red light come on if you tape the sensor now? If this sensor is on the opening on the door make sure it is closed.

Phone communication error is the system trying to dial out.
    It needs the phone numbers deleted in engineer mode.
    I have sent you a P.M. re the code to do this.

Finally got the engineering code from phonewatch!! Sensor still not working. Sent you a PM.

Cheers

Dave

• Advertisement

Finally got the engineering code from phonewatch!! Sensor still not working. Sent you a PM.

Cheers

Dave

If the sensor is still not working then you would need to replace the sensor itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 davemello

altor wrote: »
    If the sensor is still not working then you would need to replace the sensor itself.

Just want to say a big thank you Altor for all your help. Not only talking me through how to delete my broken sensor from system, adding a new sensor and getting system to recognise it. But also for stopping the phone error and the problem with the smoke alarm.

Your help was really appreciated. Thanks again

Dave

Just want to say a big thank you Altor for all your help. Not only talking me through how to delete my broken sensor from system, adding a new sensor and getting system to recognise it. But also for stopping the phone error and the problem with the smoke alarm.

Your help was really appreciated. Thanks again

Dave

Always happy to help :)

Advertisement