Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best smartphone under 130

Options
  • 30-10-2014 8:11pm

Looking to get a new phone tomorrow but don't want to spend over 130 euro. Looking for recommendations for the best value smart phone at that price, I'm ideally looking for a phone that'll run a few apps such as spotify and be decent for browsing online. I'm not tied to any network but have been looking at vodafone given that they are offering 20 euro off if you port a number over.

So boardsies, what recommendations do yeah have?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Moto G hands down. Will be slightly more expensive then that but well worth it.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Moto G hands down. Will be slightly more expensive then that but well worth it.

That is my front runner atm but it's a little bit more than I want to pay, it's 150 on tesco and 180 on Meteor.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

That is my front runner atm but it's a little bit more than I want to pay, it's 150 on tesco and 180 on Meteor.

For the extra 20 quid, it's worth it imo. The best budget phone ever tbh. The 5" one is fantastic as well, but it's smaller brother is a great buy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭mirrormatrix

It's about 160 euro on Amazon.co.uk and open to any network. Assume you're going PAYG?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

If you want you can get better value for money in China, the shipping of course takes a little bit longer for delivery

Do you want SIM free or you going with specific network?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭NotInventedHere

Nokia Lumia 635 is a good 4g phone for 150

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

For the extra 20 quid, it's worth it imo. The best budget phone ever tbh. The 5" one is fantastic as well, but it's smaller brother is a great buy too.
    Hey Alan, out of interest, they seem to be held in very high regard across the board. In your opinion, what gets them such solid reviews ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Seems like there nothing under 130?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭TempAc

dodzy wrote: »
    Hey Alan, out of interest, they seem to be held in very high regard across the board. In your opinion, what gets them such solid reviews ?
    Combination of decent hardware (they basically put the first decent display on a budget smartphone combined with 1GB RAM and a decent processor) combined with a lack of bloaty software to bog it down.

It's gotten top reviews everywhere.

For comparisons sake, at initial launch it was easily outspeccing and outperforming the likes of Samsungs Galaxy S4 Mini and the HTC One Mini which were going for more than twice the price.

tldr: the value proposition is awesome.

Advertisement