Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone Line reconnection

Options
  • 30-10-2014 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi All,

I'm hoping you can help me. I am after moving into a rented house and trying to get setup for broadband. However, we have been told that the line has been disconnected and will require an engineer to call out. The salesperson was unable to tell me the length of time or if there will be a fee. Can any of you nice people advise me on this?

Thanks,
    GD

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭tinz18

I've gone though this twice now in the last year. The first time I ordered broadband off eircom in January- in April after endless calls to the company, none of the promised solutions, three broken appointments and two kept appointments where I was told all was fixed I gave up on eircom and switched to sky- two weeks later I had broadband. Similar in my current house I chose sky and it was functioning after two to three weeks. There as no fee for either but there is a 12 month contract involved.

Advertisement