Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

banned unfairly

Options
  • 30-10-2014 9:16pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 919 ✭✭✭

i want to dispute the ban,
    i was banned for using a clint eastwood quote comparing a fellow boardies opinion to a ass hole which ever one has ,
    other party was being very uncivil
    have previously reported him but no action was taken by mods
    mods banned me unfairly i feel .
    i understand the forum is ment to allow for the exchange of opinions
    is that unless its not a opinion that mods and or mods friends dont like ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,701 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Have you PM'ed the mod to discuss? If not, please do so and post here again if no resolution can be reached. Thanks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 919 ✭✭✭wicklowstevo

already done , didnt want to listen to my side of it , appears very biased mod tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 33,701 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Okay I've looked over this for you.

Firstly, you weren't banned for your opinion. Let's knock that on the head straight away.

Secondly, regards your "biased mod" claim, you've had 5 infractions and 5 bans from After Hours, by 6 different mods. This ban is the first that's been issued to you by this particular mod.

Lastly, you weren't just quoting Clint Eastwood, your post was:
    usual trolling trash from you , lots of bs opinion with out a drop of intelligence. or actual knowledge of the facts.

opinions are like ass holes , every one has one but nobody needs to know about yours

Your post was needlessly antagonistic and was attacking the poster, not the post, and off the back of your previous infractions and bans (one of which was for one month), shows you haven't learnt your lesson. As such, I think a one week ban for the above post is fair, and I'd reiterate what other mods have said to you, if you don't change your posting style, you'll likely face a permanent ban from the forum.

Ban upheld. You may ask for an admin to review this decision if you wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

Ban upheld; completely justified ... 1 week ban is arguably lenient.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement