Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

killing time tomorrow until 6pm

Options
  • 30-10-2014 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭

As the title says!

I arrive in the city tomorrow 9am and need to kill time til 6pm. Been to the museum and st. Michans before.

I'll be solo so would prefer to go somewhere that I can just wander. Can you just walk in to trinity library? That kind of thing.

Cheers folks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

The museum? There's more than one!
    Go to the cinema?
    Public gallery in the courts maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

National history museum
    National art museum
    Christchurch (underground crypt)
    Dublin castle
    Viking splash tour
    The zoo
    Lots of things to do in dublin city. Google is your friend!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Jump on the LUAS & head to the Zoo in the Phoenix Park, or the Guinness Brewery or the Jameson Distillery Tour. Or the museum at Collins Barracks or Kilmainham Jail or Glasnevin Cemetery, if you are a history buff. If you want to get out of the city and see some nice scenery, you could jump on the Dart and head out to Malahide or Howth. Or you could see some spectacular scenery in out in Killiney. You'd be back in the city in 30 mins, regardless of where you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭dquinnan

Chester Beatty Library in Dublin Castle,Science Gallery on Pearse Street and Hugh Lane Gallery on Parnell Square are all free and worth a look.

Archaeology Museum on Kildare Street is my favourite after Collins Barracks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

JohnCleary wrote: »

I'll be solo so would prefer to go somewhere that I can just wander. Can you just walk in to trinity library? That kind of thing.

No, you need a student card to get into the Trinity libraries. You can wander around the campus no bother but you can't get into student facilities.

You have to pay into the Old Library (where the Book of Kells is).

There's a public library in the Ilac Centre if you were looking to read though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Spend some time in Bewleys on Grafton Street in the area at the back with the murals?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Thanks guys I have started googling locations of above recommendations

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,213 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Take the bus out to Howth, hang around a bit, get the DART to somewhere southside (Dalkey/Killiney/Bray/Dun Laoghaire), hang around a bit, get DART/Bus back to city centre.

Advertisement