Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Places to rent in Dublin and Commuter towns

Options
  • 31-10-2014 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi All

We are a family moving from cork to dublin, to work in tallaght/temple st/crumlin hospitals. I would like any advice on where to rent in dublin that is safe and family friendly, good primary schools etc. Also somewhere we can use public transport to get to work or a reasonable commute by car. any advice would be appreciated :)

thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

Hello fellow Corkonian
    Rent is a bit crazy here at present so you're going to have to be flexible.
    You'll probably need to stay southside.
    Crumlin/Kimmage would probably work well enough for you with a decent bus service.
    Some areas in Crumlin are a bit colourful, others are fine.

Be warned though that getting to Tallaght from inside the M50 can be a pain in the backside with the Tallaght/Templeogue and Ballymount M50 ramps being extremely congested in the mornings. And the N7...you don't want to go near Newlands until the roadworks are done.

You could go in the opposite direction and live around Rathcoole/Saggart/Citywest. Luas goes into town from Saggart & Citywest.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭SteM

The 27 bus route goes from the City Centre through Crumlin and stops right outside Tallaght Hospital so that might be a bus route that suits where ever you end up.

I like gaius c's suggestion of Saggart/Rathcoole as a location but I don't have any clue about schools there. Not that gone on Citywest myself but it is slightly closer to the city centre and does have the Luas now.

Advertisement