Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revenue from ads ?

Options
  • 31-10-2014 12:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

First time poster in this forum.

We've got an app coming out hopefully in January which will be full featured & free (revenue comes elsewhere). During one of our production meetings we spun off another complimentary app concept, which we think should be free, but we want to try to get some revenue out of it as it doesn't have an external source otherwise.

The app is like a game in that it keeps you amused, but not a game (no story or gameplay), it's likely that the user will keep it open for between five and twenty minutes at a time. What sort of rates would we get for advertising if we went down this route ? We'll probably launch iOS & android simultaneously.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

OU812 wrote: »
    What sort of rates would we get for advertising if we went down this route ?
    Short answer is presently most of the bigger networks seem to be giving eCPM's of about $5.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭b.gud

Just in case anyone, like me, isn't sure what eCPM's are this should give you a good overview of them.

http://adsense.blogspot.co.uk/2006/02/ecpm-what-exactly-is-that.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

you cannot compare eCPMs amongst different apps and audiences, there's just too many variables. i currently get an eCPM of $0.17 on just over 1million impressions a day but my app is a special case as CTRs are very low

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

you cannot compare eCPMs amongst different apps and audiences, there's just too many variables.
    Hence the 'short answer". TBH, unless you invest a lot of time and adopt an 'aggressive strategy', it's pretty difficult to come even close to the eCPM's that the networks promise. Then there's daily limits of ads served per user, in some cases, fill rates, and even territorial concerns. At the end of the day, none of those eCPM figures are guaranteed and the eCPM you quoted, I suspect, is far closer to what most indies make.

Advertisement