Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FAI Cup Final Derry City vs St Patricks Aviva 2/11/2014

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Pedro K wrote: »
    A friend of mine is friends with him and told me something very similar a good while back.

Certainly sounds that way alright, although I'm pretty sure he said in his interview in the paper that it was likely he will stay in Ireland? Does anyone know what his reasons for returning to Ireland were in the first place?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

The most ridiculous thing about it is that yer man from Luton has apparently washed his hands of the league based on yesterdays one game. Both Pats and Derry are a lot better than what they showed yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Dont think I have ever seen a good game at a Final and yesterday was no exception. Do I care? Never seen the stadium full and touts outside selling tickets Do i care?
    Stephen O Donnell @StephenODonne6

Roddy Collins and John Still,two gurus of the game,you would be better off with Stevie Wonder at it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭kksaints

Pighead wrote: »
    Roddy embarrassed by standards in our league. Players not good enough to get into League Two in England apparently.
    http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2014/1103/656592-collins-embarrassing-final-shows-loi-delusions/

Imagine how bad the final would have been if Roddy's Derry team been playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Pighead wrote: »
    Roddy embarrassed by standards in our league. Players not good enough to get into League Two in England apparently.
    http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2014/1103/656592-collins-embarrassing-final-shows-loi-delusions/

The standard in the league isn't at championship level and I think it's foolhardy to suggest otherwise.....but not a single player on show getting into a League two side? Give me a break. :rolleyes:

Nerves play a massive part to the quality of football. I've seen rubbish world cup finals.

If he's not only judging both sides....but an entire league on one match that he can't be that astute of a manager. Only an idiot would form that opinion after one game.

Great win and Great Celebrations yesterday. Doesnt matter how we won, once we won it. The cup is staying in Inchicore for the year after a long absence!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

kksaints wrote: »
    Great win and Great Celebrations yesterday. Doesnt matter how we won, once we won it. The cup is staying in Inchicore for the year after a long absence!

Two shít goals but Pats were the only team trying to play football so more than deserved it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,057 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I think Pats thoroughly deserved the win yesterday as we were very poor. Too negative from the off.

But having said that, I was expecting a lot more from Pats. With the likes of Forrester, Brennan, Fahey I thought we'd be played off the pitch, but these guys didn't do much imho. A guy like Fahey with his caps should have really stood out on that big pitch against Derry. Shows how finished he is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

NIMAN wrote: »
    I think Pats thoroughly deserved the win yesterday as we were very poor. Too negative from the off.

But having said that, I was expecting a lot more from Pats. With the likes of Forrester, Brennan, Fahey I thought we'd be played off the pitch, but these guys didn't do much imho. A guy like Fahey with his caps should have really stood out on that big pitch against Derry. Shows how finished he is.

Agree with this. Our big players didn't show up at all. Christy Fagan put away his chances, that was it. Pat's deserved it though.

NIMAN wrote: »

Thought Forrester was very poor, nothing worked for him. Didnt think Brennan was too bad. Fahey misplaced a lot of passes but played two great passes one which set up the goal and one which Fagan missed badly.

• Advertisement

Brennan faded badly. Looked great in the 1st half. I was always a fan of him at Derry, although he seems universally hated up here.

Fahey did play a couple of great passes, but I was expecting more from him. I think he has around 15 caps for Ireland. A player that has reached that level should really stand out in a game like yesterdays, when he's up against guys who aren't at his level. Maybe he just had a bad day?

Forrester really disappointed me.

But Fagan looked the part, if he could have controlled a few more through balls, he could have had 4 goals. Made great runs.

Glad we lost to Pats and no-one else in the final, good to get that monkey off your back at last. Now we no longer have to listen to ye's going on ..and on ... and on ... about it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Very poor final, glad I was down the Derry end of the Premium Level, seemed like a library down the Pats end for the most part.

Very poor final, glad I was down the Derry end of the Premium Level, seemed like a library down the Pats end for the most part.

I thought the atmosphere in the Derry end was poor this year, probably brought on by the dismal display the team were putting on for us.

Advertisement