Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need to buy some various herbs and stuff but I don't know where.

Options
  • 31-10-2014 9:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I am looking for the following ingredients but I don't where I can buy them. The normal supermarkets doesn't seem to have them (I don't even know what some of them are).

- Sorrel
    - pickeling spice
    - seeded guajillo peppers
    - kosher salt
    - truffle oil
    - Orange flower water
    - Summer Savoury

Can anyone recommend a place that is in/near Dublin? Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Sorrel & truffle oil - Fallon & Byrne. Possibly also kosher salt but, and I stand for smarter people to correct me, any large grain salt (like maldon sea salt) does the same job. Those chili peppers - picado Mexican pantry

http://www.mymexicanshop.ie/21-dried-chilies

Orange blossom water, any Arabic food shop. You'll find a little section with rose water etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Summer savoury and sorrel are seasonal and you'd be very hard pressed to find some at this time of year. Substitute the former with fresh marjoram mixed with thyme, unfortunately the latter is pretty much unique

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

Kosher Salt is Coarse Sea Salt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Kosher salt is just salt.

Advertisement