Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aston Villa v Spurs

Options
  • 31-10-2014 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

At last i have a chance this season to start a fixture thread..

It was my job last season if you can recall until someone started one up on a Wednesday!!!!!

Anyway, i can barely remember that!!:p

So, Villa Park, the 2nd biggest pitch in the league.
    Aston Villa as bad as us at the moment.

So im going for a 3-1 win.

Lloris

Naughton - Kaboul - Vertonghen - Rose.

Dembele - Mason

Lamela - Soldado - Eriksen --

Kane.

If that Flooker Ade starts i wont be a happy bunny.....even though he has scored in his last match .....typical Spurs fan btw...We give out that our managers drop players after they score, ie Soldado and Kane...but i now want Ade dropped.

Lump on us to win -1!!!!!!;)

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Didn't we always win when you created the thread? No pressure or anything...

Ade scored, but anyone would have scored that header from Mason against Newcastle. He still doesn't deserve to start, though i suspect he will. Regardless of the striker choice, Dembele better start. He's looked good this season, and could do a job against the Villa midfield.

2-1 to Spurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Villa are fúcking shíte, though were not much better. We usually thump them. I like that team selection. We play better away, our home record has been patchy/unconvincing for a long time.

If he starts the other lad up front, I give up, they must be having séxual relations. As for captain numb nuts quote from last week, he’s had one good game against Arsenal, captain courage’s he ain't. That degenerate Merson reckons we’ll lose 3-0.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

adebayour will start

1-1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Hutton is out for them though I dunno if thats a good or bad thing.

2-1 to the mighty Spurs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Lamela to star and spurs to win :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Another awful performance

0-0 maybe. can't see anything positive at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

Im going for a spurs win here, 1 nil to the spurs..

PS. we are ****e though so we will probally lose.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭billy100

Scoring draw, 1 apiece

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

If Poch picks Ade here I will not be happy and his choice would have to be questioned.

I think we might sneak this one, just about.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Villa have lost their last 4 games and need 3 points badly, Spurs are coming to Town so we might oblige as usual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,373 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Villa 2 spurs 0 and a serious amount of pressure on poch's shoulders instead of the players where it should be. Was anyone watching ssn this morning? The panel ripped spurs apart for not having an aggressive player or any players that look like leaders. I don't usually agree but they've hit the nail on the head today.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Jason 5pu45

Both teams showing bad form.which ever team loses is in big trouble IMO.I do fancy us to win.

tom1ie wrote: »
    Villa 2 spurs 0 and a serious amount of pressure on poch's shoulders instead of the players where it should be. Was anyone watching ssn this morning? The panel ripped spurs apart for not having an aggressive player or any players that look like leaders. I don't usually agree but they've hit the nail on the head today.

Yep and Gary Neville got it right when he said spurs are "never ready" and"weak"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Villa lost their last 4 and havent scored in 5! They are sure to knock in 3 or 4 against us so!

Surely now tommorow any Spurs player worth his salt will get his head down and grind out a good performance for the team. We will see what they are made off. Ill be very surprised if more than a couple play any way decent.

* Just looked a league table and did not realise we are actually 3 points above relegation places..

Glebee wrote: »
    Surely now tommorow any Spurs player worth his salt will get his head down and grind out a good performance for the team. We will see what they are made off. Ill be very surprised if more than a couple play any way decent.

* Just looked a league table and did not realise we are actually 3 points above relegation places..

Why would they put in an effort tomorrow ?

mickman wrote: »
    Why would they put in an effort tomorrow ?

Surely any normal sportsman / women whom the media / public have labeled as crap / weak etc during the week will be out to prove a point. I know personally I would be. Im only assuming though that they actually give a crap in the first place though.

Surely any normal sportsman / women whom the media / public have labeled as crap / weak etc during the week will be out to prove a point. I know personally I would be. Im only assuming though that they actually give a crap in the first place though.

It's doubtful in my opinion, hope I'm wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭abff

It's hard to understand why there's such an apparent lack of spirit in the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,373 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

abff wrote: »
    It's hard to understand why there's such an apparent lack of spirit in the team.

No leaders in the team. The team playing like individuals. No one to throw a tackle into the opposition. We've lost sandro and Dawson two players who would've put themselves about and they haven't been replaced at all. Who's gonna tackle? Lamella? Ericksen? Paulinho? No ****en way. Capoue is supposed to be that man but he looks weak at the moment. I was impressed with him at the very start

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

And six points off 4th :P not really much in it in either direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

I think both Spurs and Villa would be satisfied with a draw so I see this being a boring draw. 1-1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

tom1ie wrote: »
    No leaders in the team. The team playing like individuals. No one to throw a tackle into the opposition. We've lost sandro and Dawson two players who would've put themselves about and they haven't been replaced at all. Who's gonna tackle? Lamella? Ericksen? Paulinho? No ****en way. Capoue is supposed to be that man but he looks weak at the moment. I was impressed with him at the very start

Stambouli loves a tackle! :)

Ade and Soldado?
    Lamela misses out, could have a better influence coming off the bench.

Miss match with Benteke and Naughton.

Soldado looking lively, we have some width today it would seem.

Unbelievable, who was picking up Benteke? Muppet's...

Kaboul is one gormless fúck.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭awkwardboy

What a fcuking shambles

• Advertisement

Few goals in this game I reckon.

Advertisement