Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aston Villa v Spurs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Harry Kane sky sports man of the match

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

We were due a bit of luck and thankfully we got it Today.

That should stop the shipping from sinking until the next game but villa are a terrible team so let's not start slapping each other on the back juat yet.

Delighted with Kane. what more can he do.. He has to start ahead of Ade in the next game

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Villa, you's were robbed. Tough shít. Young Kane took control of the free kick, looked a man possessed, even though it was a fluke. The man has balls. Becoming a cult legend. Ade fock off!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭mullaj00

Harry Kane - Mullaj00's Player of the Season so far!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

He has to start the next game, hopefully with Soldado.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Never a doubt lad's, never a doubt lol

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭mullaj00

Kane and Soldado would be a great pairing. They would work hard for each other. I'd hate to be playing with Adebayor when he is having an off day.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

And six points off 4th :P not really much in it in either direction.

Make that 3 points off 4th, we're not playing well but lets not all throw the towel in just yet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

A feeling of relief all round after that,we got a bit of luck but feck it we'll take it.

Capoue had a focking mare, Stambouli has got to push for a slot. Defense is a sham. Gotta stick with Kane/Soldado playing the weaker sides.

• Advertisement

Just caught a quick look at the table on the way out of the pub. are we really on 3 points off 4th place or was I seeing things...

We are still ****e and have lots of problems but it's a weird looking table

Just caught a quick look at the table on the way out of the pub. are we really on 3 points off 4th place or was I seeing things...

We are still ****e and have lots of problems but it's a weird looking table

Nobody is setting the pace, one team wins one week, and loses next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Vertonghen's tackle (which he somehow got a yellow for) changed the game. It got our players going, riled them and made them fight for it more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Guys

We were so lucky today. From pochetino's lame pre match interview to 75 mins of absolute drivel from us , it was a miracle we got anything

Vert should 100% have been sent off and mason could have been sent off

Soldado did ok and Kane is now our best player - to see his desire is so good compared to the other clowns

I laughed out loud in the first half when the brainless adebayour takes off on a run and the ball comes out of the air and hits him on the heel while he is running- he truly has an IQ of 5

Make no mistake - we were brutal today. It doesn't hide the problems and we have many more matches to lose this season

And there goes poch saying again 'this is football' and 'we were the better team'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭h2005

We were dross like we've been all season. Villa wouldn't have lost that game if Benteke didn't have a brain fart. Kane has done enough to start ahead of Adebayor. Capoue needs to pull his socks up. I'd get Dembele or Stambouli in ahead of him at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

mickman wrote: »
    Vert should 100% have been sent off

Can't disagree more. Great tackle, well timed. It's a physical game and that tackle showed desire and commitment to me, not something I could say about vertonghen for a long while.

Can't disagree more. Great tackle, well timed. It's a physical game and that tackle showed desire and commitment to me, not something I could say about vertonghen for a long while.

Are you joking ? He went in high with both feet - that's a straight red

Anyone who watched the replay will see that Verts tackle was a good one,a yellow card for that was ridiculous.just saw it again there now in slow mo,he had one foot on the ground and won the ball with the other foot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭h2005

It was a yellow for me. He was off his feet with studs showing.

• Advertisement

Sugarlumps wrote:
    one team wins one week, and loses next week.

Aye, that sums us up that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Jason 5pu45

A win is a win but I have had enough of the following players:Kaboul,Capoue,Rose(he may have improved but still can't defend for sh1te),Adebayor and personally I thought Soldado was muck whether he tried hard or not.even against ten men we created nothing.One bright spot is Kane and Mason look like 2 blokes who actually are willing to put themselves through the mill for the jersey

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Charliebull

The term papering over cracks comes to mind, a lot of pain to come but hey we won

Decidedly average, uninspiring and the worst spurs squad assembled in the 2000 ' s

... take any money we can get for Lamela, Paulinho, Townsend and Ade or Soldado and get in some players who have already proved they can cut it in the EPL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Mayo Yid

Would love Benteke, he's exactly what that useless fcuk Ade claims to be

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Rode our luck bigtime but 3 points is 3 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

personally I thought Soldado was muck whether he tried hard or not.
    ade had a one on one chance that was set up by soldado in the first half, he linked up well with lamella swell when he came on… I think that soldado is an easy scape-goat.

Decidedly average, uninspiring and the worst spurs squad assembled in the 2000 ' s

... take any money we can get for Lamela, Paulinho, Townsend and Ade or Soldado and get in some players who have already proved they can cut it in the EPL
    And yet we're above Man Utd level with Liverpool and ony 3 points behind Arsenal and we've had a ****e start to the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

ade had a one on one chance that was set up by soldado in the first half, he linked up well with lamella swell when he came on… I think that soldado is an easy scape-goat.

Soldado doesn't get service yet Harry Kane is able to score on a regular basis. So how is Kane scoring regularly if there is no service to the strikers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

tippspur wrote: »
    And yet we're above Man Utd level with Liverpool and ony 3 points behind Arsenal and we've had a ****e start to the season.

Liverpool and Man United have had a ****e start as well though.

It was the same this time last year for us. We were getting some results and keeping ourselves in touching distance of top 4. All the while not getting out of first gear.

Advertisement