Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aston Villa v Spurs

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Coming away with three point yesterday was a huge relief, all about the win at this early stage, hopefully the good football follows suit. The pressing game wasn't evident yesterday. Players were dreadful, no energy. Stoke next Sunday, walk in the park.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

irishmover wrote: »
    Soldado doesn't get service yet Harry Kane is able to score on a regular basis. So how is Kane scoring regularly if there is no service to the strikers.

soldados first touch and intelligence on the pitch is far superior to most of our squad, him and Kane should be given a decent run together. Its Ade who needs to be shot of, but we prob all agree this at this stage. I honestly think there is so much more to soldados game yet everyone is judging him on his lack of goals. Of course this is an issue, but I think a run of games for him will instill a little bit of confidence and as a result we him and the team could benefit.

Soldado linked up well in spells, particularly in the 1st half. He's more dangerous outside, than in the box. Which shouldn't be the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

soldados first touch and intelligence on the pitch is far superior to most of our squad, him and Kane should be given a decent run together. Its Ade who needs to be shot of, but we prob all agree this at this stage. I honestly think there is so much more to soldados game yet everyone is judging him on his lack of goals. Of course this is an issue, but I think a run of games for him will instill a little bit of confidence and as a result we him and the team could benefit.

Kane has been bit part and is scoring. Not being hard on Soldado. Being honest. I was battered on here a year ago for suggesting he wasn't good enough/capable of the PL I seen it then and nothing has changed. A year on he's gone sideways, goals wise, which let's face it is all that strikers are being judged on. We signed him as our 20+ a season goalscorer and we're lucky to see 3. Why anyone could defend him because he's intelligent on the pitch is beyond me. He's not scoring goals, that's the bottom line.

I gave Soldado a clean slate at the start of this season. Said I would not judge him on last season. Not once this season have I seen a man capable of getting 10 goals let alone 20. He is part of the problem camp at the club, not the solution camp.

Pavlyuchenko was ruthlessly slated for less.

However, I would be interested to see how he pairs with Kane. But that won't happen as Poch most likely wouldn't do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I agree. Some of Soldado's touches and good movement isn't being recognised because the players around him aren't at the same level. I'm hoping Lamela and Eriksen will start linking with him, there was signs of this clicking against Arsenal.

I'd like to see Kane up top with Soldado, Lamela and Eriksen in behind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

I agree. Some of Soldado's touches and good movement isn't being recognised because the players around him aren't at the same level. I'm hoping Lamela and Eriksen will start linking with him, there was signs of this clicking against Arsenal.

I'd like to see Kane up top with Soldado, Lamela and Eriksen in behind.

Ok i'll not speak about Soldado again until the end of the season, I think we can all agree that by then we'll have gotten a clear outlay of just how good he is. A few games should have been enough for a player like him to hit form, 2 seasons is an awful lot of time. Lets hope he hits some goals soon and doesn't just look good on the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

Laughed so much at this Soldado clip when I saw it. Watch the last few seconds after Mason scores. Trys to hit the net and clips the post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Mayo Yid

Just for a try I'd like to see Soldado play a no10 role, reckon he'd be perfect behind Kane. He's got that quick thinking first touch, similar to VDV

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

great win - smash and grab - superb

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

Benteke didn't deserve to be sent off Mason should have went aswell, Villa Didn't deserve to lose but that's football

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

Think people are being unfair on Soldado. In particular Sky were very lazy in their commentary about him. I thought he was very good yesterday and was one of the few who played with pace and purpose. Ade on the otherhand is a disgrace

If its not Soldado/Kane upfront next week its a travesty.

Ade should be given a 6 week league rest until January sale time comes around. He normally buck up around then

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Jason 5pu45

ade had a one on one chance that was set up by soldado in the first half, he linked up well with lamella swell when he came on… I think that soldado is an easy scape-goat.
    I was over the moon when we signed Soldado cos I used to watch Valencia in the spanish league and I wanted to see sim succeed desparately.He does show some neat touches but he ain't stickin the ball in the net.

Fact
    Soldado 45 spurs appearances 15 goals.
    Adebayor 107 spurs appearances 44 goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Great 3 points but a very average performance.
    Said it last week, if the manager has his way, there'll only be 4/5 max of this lot that will still be there once he gets his players in. Too many that don't care and won't sweat blood for the shirt.

Too many like Dembele for example who have obvious talent but don't have the heart to go with it. Best we can hope for is a cup final appearance, if we get within touching distance of 4th, he'll have done a fantastic job.

I get distinct feeling that some of the players aren’t inclined to follow Pochettino’s instructions, some believe he’ll be gone within a few months by the way there playing. It’s an odd group of players.

Eriksen no doubt a talent needs dropping, getting sick of his attitude/non consistent performances, rarely if ever makes a tackle, corner kicks are appalling.

Capoue has played non-stop and could do with a rest. Kaboul is a walking disaster, nice guy, but cannot be relied on. We’ve only seen the summer buys in Europe for the most part which is understandable, time to kick on in the premiership.

Looking at the next three games, Stoke - Hull - Everton. All easily losable games in our current form, those teams won't roll over. Unless attitudes buck up it gonna be a long winter that could spiral out of control.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

At last i have a chance this season to start a fixture thread..

It was my job last season

By the way, Devo for President. Another three points from a match thread he started!!

Easy! Easy! Easy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

Sugarlumps wrote: »

Looking at the next three games, Stoke - Hull - Everton. All easily losable games in our current form, those teams won't roll over. Unless attitudes buck up it gonna be a long winter that could spiral out of control.

Also very winnable games that could kick start a season.

I know we Spurs fans a generally a pessimistic bunch but with Liverpool and Man United in turmoil and City/Arsenal not world beaters either it could actually be easier this year to get 3rd/4th than any year for the last 10 years. We could actually do it with a worse team than over the last few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

slegs wrote: »
    Also very winnable games that could kick start a season.

I know we Spurs fans a generally a pessimistic bunch but with Liverpool and Man United in turmoil and City/Arsenal not world beaters either it could actually be easier this year to get 3rd/4th than any year for the last 10 years. We could actually do it with a worse team than over the last few years.

these are all winable - if we win all 3 then we would prob b in 4th which would be some going considering how sh1t we are this year

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

I was over the moon when we signed Soldado cos I used to watch Valencia in the spanish league and I wanted to see sim succeed desparately.He does show some neat touches but he ain't stickin the ball in the net.

Fact
    Soldado 45 spurs appearances 15 goals.
    Adebayor 107 spurs appearances 44 goals.

They both have a goal every three games which is terrible...
    I watched a lot of Spanish football myself and was ecstatic that we had signed him too, I'd start him over Ade in every game as he brings a lot more to the entire team than the lanky mercenary...i feel though that neither are in Pocs long term plans.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

slegs wrote:
    "We could actually do it" ....with a worse team than over the last few years.

That phase should be banned in this forum.

Advertisement