Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US next day delivery

Options
  • 31-10-2014 10:45am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I was just wondering are there any companies who do next day delivery to the US guaranteed. Had been using Fed Ex and paying their priority service but 4 of the last 8 parcels have missed connections, one never got out of Dublin, 2 were mislabelled and not treated as priority and the other just got no reason when I inquired.

DHL so far have seem better but they missed todays connection, leaving the parcel in East Midlands overnight.

It's for a business but I can't seem to find anyone who will do it. We would accept if customs halted the delivery on the US side but is there anyone who will do next day delivery to the US reliably?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭RUDOLF289

Good morning,

The only other courier company I can think of is UPS. The US is their backyard. Worth a try I reckon.

Cheers,
    Rudolf289

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Thanks Rudlof, UPS would only guarantee the next week, and we're not even open to discussion on what the average delivery time was. Fed ex couldn't even tell me what time their connecting flight was when a package missed the first connection. DHL are the best so far as they provided the delivery times to the area in the US for the past 3 months. Both DHL and Fed Ex give 48 hour guarantees barring a customs hold.

I take it no one does next day guaranteed at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Out of curiosity, what kind of price were/are you paying for this, what was the typical size of the package (did it differ?) and what was the destination in the US (and did it change?). What would be your maximum allowable budget to have these deliveries guaranteed within 48 hours door to door?

Same destination every week, same size and weight, 0.3kg, 30x15x10cm, 48 hrs is no problem, loads of people offer that. 24 hrs is what I want.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

What would be your budget for 24hr guaranteed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

I'd personally do it for ya for the right price

gufc21 wrote: »
    I'd personally do it for ya for the right price

Budget would be upto about 400, we had considered just flying someone over every week if it kept failing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

CramCycle wrote: »
    Budget would be upto about 400, we had considered just flying someone over every week if it kept failing.

Well if it comes to just having to fly someone over my passport is in date ;)

gufc21 wrote: »
    Well if it comes to just having to fly someone over my passport is in date ;)

Will keep you in mind.

Advertisement