Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biocycle tripping

Options
  • 31-10-2014 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭

Hi all,

Since moving in to house biocycle unit trips out, sometimes after more than an hour sometimes after a couple of mins.

I've asked electricians when out here, but they were unsure guessing maybe a faulty pump !?

I got no operation manual or anything, so I'm unsure if this should be on constantly or for an hour a day or what ?

Can some of you brainy guys advise what could be wrong ? how could I go about fixing it ? and how long the biocycle should be running ?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

It could be a faulty pump, or any one of a number of things (such as damaged cabling).
    Impossible to say without seeing it.
    Sorry I can't be much more help.

Exactly what is tripping, an MCB?
    What is the device rated at? Such as 20A type B etc..
    Can you post a photo of the device that is tripping?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 WiredSpark101

I take it that by Biocycle, you are referring to a sewage / wastewater system.
    If so, they are left running 24/7, as there is an air pump which feeds oxygen to the first collection chamber. This air pump is normally located in the upper housing and should remain dry. This is the easiest pump to check and if needed, change.
    The other pump is located in the chamber closest to your soakage area. This pump is controlled by a float switch which you'll see hanging from a metal bar. The pump itself is in a holding bracket which is in the water. wearing gloves, you can pull this pump up and check it. This is the pump which causes the most problems with these systems.

Advertisement