Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*** Match Thread*** Tuesday 4th Nov Vs Dargle Celtic 8pm BENILDUS

Options
  • 31-10-2014 11:30am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Game is Benildus College this week

Cathal - In
    Ciaran - Away
    Damo - In
    Darren - In
    Derek -
    Derek McL - In
    Ed - Away
    Jules - In
    Keith - In
    SteK - Out
    SteMcd - In
    Dave - In
    Calvin - In
    Kieran - In
    Al - In
    Dave O'toole -
    Kenny - In
    Heggo - In

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭SteMcD1

in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

In

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭allybhoy

In

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

So Benildus, we meet again...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Big pitch in the cold.. definitely a need for solid warm up this evening

• Advertisement

Big pitch in the cold.. definitely a need for solid warm up this evening

Lol if only.. although I do agree big time the lads need to start warming up standing around chatting 10 mins before kick off is gna do ya no good

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Mousewar wrote: »
    So Benildus, we meet again...

try not to get injured this time :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Keaner

I must pull out lads, hurt my back on Sunday and I'm still not right after it! Was hoping to have recovered in time but sadly I haven't. Feel like that's a very old mas excuse!

Keaner wrote: »
    I must pull out lads, hurt my back on Sunday and I'm still not right after it! Was hoping to have recovered in time but sadly I haven't. Feel like that's a very old mas excuse!

jesus man what age are you :pac:

no one else get injured...

And please dont allow any shots.. im in goal :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Keaner

Im 25! not that old! but i was playing footy golf on sunday and I slipped taking a shot and fell on one of those raised mounds in the grass you take your tee off shot from straight into the left side of my lower back.

Keaner wrote: »
    Im 25! not that old! but i was playing footy golf on sunday and I slipped taking a shot and fell on one of those raised mounds in the grass you take your tee off shot from straight into the left side of my lower back.

footee is fricking awesome tbh!
    No worries, you get a pass old timer!

That's what you get for doing hipster crap like that.

Game is Benildus College this week

Cathal - In
    Ciaran - Away
    Damo - In
    Darren - In
    Derek -
    Derek McL - In
    Ed - Away
    Jules - In
    Keith - In
    SteK - Out
    SteMcd - In
    Dave - In
    Calvin - In
    Kieran - In
    Al - In
    Dave O'toole -
    Kenny - In
    Heggo - In

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭yes there

Held up badly. wont make second half either. Fs.

we need to be better at passing if we are to have a chance in this league, there was far too many wayward or pointless passing tonight and also an alarming amount of across our own box passing putting the centre halves under pressure these are games we should be going out and winning.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭SteMcD1

so i had a ton of semi chances today but just couldn't take any of them properly :( pretty frustrating.
    also it's been pointed out to me a couple times how i constantly try to pass with my first touch instead of controlling it. wasn't working out tonight so i'm gonna start consciously taking more touches on the ball.

landed awkwardly on my ankle after the ball hit my leg just before landing, hurt like a bastard. was a very damo-esque moment but i don't think it'll take more than a coulpe days to feel ok.

btw des i don't suppose ya took my ball with the rest of them? forgot it when i was leaving. white adidas ball w blue and pink.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭yes there

What was the score?

lost 0-1

SteMcD1 wrote: »
    a very damo-esque moment

Is that a thing now? I always hoped that would come to mean beating three men and smacking it in the top corner. :cool:

Not sure we use the space up there very well. We concede a lot of goals over the top so I reckon we should try to score them. Tons of space up there for the strikers to run in behind the centre halfs and get on the end of balls from midfield. If we keep conceding them we should to score a few. Our style of play (strikers coming short) works great in Colmcilles but it's doing nothing for us in Benildus unfortunately.

• Advertisement

Mousewar wrote: »
    Is that a thing now? I always hoped that would come to mean beating three men and smacking it in the top corner. :cool:

Not sure we use the space up there very well. We concede a lot of goals over the top so I reckon we should try to score them. Tons of space up there for the strikers to run in behind the centre halfs and get on the end of balls from midfield. If we keep conceding them we should to score a few. Or style of play (strikers coming short) works great in Colmcilles but it's doing nothing for us in Benildus unfortunately.

i come short loads but the ball is always played safely across the line or out to wingers that was the point at the end of the half time talk.

mrDerek wrote: »
    i come short loads but the ball is always played safely across the line or out to wingers that was the point at the end of the half time talk.

I know you do. But I'm suggesting one of our strikers (not necessarily you) runs behind the centre halfs for through balls or balls over the top. There's so much space in Benildus to do this as opposed to Colmcilles where it's hard to pull off. As I said, we concede goals over the top in Benildus a fair bit so it proves that it's a valid tactic on that pitch.

You come short and you're good at it. And when you do it in Colmcilles and take the ball in and make some space, you're close to goal and you score a hatful of goals. But in Benildus, taking the ball in, beating a man, you're still 30 yards from goal most of the time. It's too hard to do up there and unfortunately we're not scoring. I just think, on Benildus, we need at least one striker hanging on the last defender and running behind him constantly. It would give us another option.

ye i was having words with steo to stay on the last man or beyond him even but i guess he got dragged out a bit much we will have to work on that between us

• Registered Users Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Not worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

looks like our form at the end of last season is carrying through, thats one win in 9 league games now.

i know theres a few draws in there and i think all bar one of the defeats have been 1 goal losses, but at the same time its a poor run of form we are on - 6 points out of 27 is bottom of the table standard and we are better than that. we have a huge amount of possession in games, but the build up play appears to be too slow and something is missing when it comes to the final 3rd.

weve probably lost 5, if not 6 games in a row now in benildus also which isnt helping so we need to review our set up in these games.

very obvious also that in i reckon in at least 5 of those games, we conceded goals in the last few minutes that cost us points.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

looks like our form at the end of last season is carrying through, thats one win in 9 league games now.

i know theres a few draws in there and i think all bar one of the defeats have been 1 goal losses, but at the same time its a poor run of form we are on - 6 points out of 27 is bottom of the table standard and we are better than that. we have a huge amount of possession in games, but the build up play appears to be too slow and something is missing when it comes to the final 3rd.

weve probably lost 5, if not 6 games in a row now in benildus also which isnt helping so we need to review our set up in these games.

very obvious also that in i reckon in at least 5 of those games, we conceded goals in the last few minutes that cost us points.

Conceded a goal in the 1st 5 minutes and they held on this time round.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Conceded a goal in the 1st 5 minutes and they held on this time round.

just like our second last game in benildus so, 1-0 defeat to the full irish where they scored after a couple mins and barely came out of their own half for the rest of the game. its much easier to defend on a bigger pitch if you are tight, compact and organised.

Advertisement