Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City vs Manchester United 2/11/'14 k/o 1.30pm Sky Mod warning in op

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Uniteds attack gonna tear them apart.. But our defense :(

Gonna be close but I reckon united will take the win by a goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

City 2 United 4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Neither team can defend. This is gonna' be awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Is Falcao fit?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

City at a canter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Tough to call but I fancy City at home to win a close game.

Would prefer a draw though if we win on saturday :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,380 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

If Rooney, Falcao and Di Maria play then I'd be reasonably confident, Rojo is getting more confident and the Chelsea game shows that the defensive game can be raised in the bigger games, it's up to the attack to do well if that's the case. They've been able to hide behind the defense far too much for their own failings this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Utd will win this I think, City are a 4-4-2 shambles and no Silva means nothing from the middle unless Toure can awake from his slumber. Milner will start presumably and while that'll be nice and stolid I don't see him stopping Utd getting at the City left side. On the other hand Rojo and Shaw ain't looked very clever recently.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

This could be any score. Heart United, head City.

Trust Yaya to do nothing all season and score 2 here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

I fancy United to do well in the big games this season but ultimately our league position will suffer from not being able to beat the weak teams. Either United win 2-1 or United to win 2-2. After our 1-1 win against Chelsea last week I'm feeling confident.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

United too win 2-1!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Silva out for 3-4 weeks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 438 ✭✭podge79

Timmyctc wrote: »
    I fancy United to do well in the big games this season but ultimately our league position will suffer from not being able to beat the weak teams. Either United win 2-1 or United to win 2-2. After our 1-1 win against Chelsea last week I'm feeling confident.

:eek: :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

podge79 wrote: »
    :eek: :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

With no Silva for City and Rooney apparently fit for this one I think it is advantage United.
    Obviously all depends on United back 4.
    Going 2-3 to United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 438 ✭✭podge79

I'll go for a 4-4 draw and for sky to hype it as the best game in football ever.. EVER

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

3 1 city Aguero to be the difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

City's and last years Liverpool front lines are the only 2 I've truly feared the worst against before a game in recent PL memory. Agüero is just devastating, barely needs an inch to cause trouble. Dzeko always seems to have a lot of joy out of the United defence too.

Hopefully the loss of Silva will affect them too much and we can get something out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

I expect Aguero to be the difference maker in a city win but not by much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I don't know if our consistent performances in the last few games is just and illusion and we'll get beaten well tomorrow or if it actually is us being consistent

Don't know how this will go but it should be a cracking game with all the talent on the pitch

• Advertisement

Good time to play City. I think Utd could get something from this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I'm going with 2-2. Can see both reams scoring. With Silva out I think United have a real shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

2-1 United. Rooney and Silva's absence to be the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭hjkl

Utd will win this I think, City are a 4-4-2 shambles and no Silva means nothing from the middle unless Toure can awake from his slumber. Milner will start presumably and while that'll be nice and stolid I don't see him stopping Utd getting at the City left side. On the other hand Rojo and Shaw ain't looked very clever recently.
    A 442 shambles that won the league last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Could go either way but think get point.

Confident we will give this good match.

• Not sure why all the negativity after last week. I'm going for the win here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

united 3/1 is worth a tenner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

2-0 Man City. Don't rate Man Uniteds defense at all. Di Maria and Rooney are the only worries. We should win the midfield battle easily if Yaya and Fernando show up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Like to see something like this.

De gea

Rafa, smalling, Rojo, Shaw

Herrera, blind, fellaini

Di Maria, Rooney

RVP

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

United 4-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭Sirsok

I'm not a betting man but today I shall place money on a 2-0 united win!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I reckon a 3-0 United win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

2-2 i reckon

Well hopefuly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

4-4

Di Maria anytime the only bet I'm doing. 7/2

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Much like when we play Liverpool, form goes out the window in this game so Citys blip means shag all.

Id be more than happy with a point, a win would be amazing but I fear unlikely, reckon a 2-2 draw and at least one sending off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

4-1 City with a brace from Michael Johnson

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Lojak

3-1 city , aguero to get the opener!

• Fellani motm @ 20/1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Lots of confidence it seems in Man Utd on here, I'm not really sure where it comes from. An exciting forward line but an average midfield and a weak defence, they don't have the players to match Aguero, Toure and Kompany in their respective positions, I expect City to dominate proceedings, and eventually their quality will win out.

• Advertisement

• Lots of confidence it seems in Man Utd on here, I'm not really sure where it comes from. An exciting forward line but an average midfield and a weak defence, they don't have the players to match Aguero, Toure and Kompany in their respective positions, I expect City to dominate proceedings, and eventually their quality will win out.

Last weeks performance can be repeated and Also the fact Silva is missing and Rooney is back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Last weeks performance can be repeated and Also the fact Silva is missing and Rooney is back.

Last weeks performance where you scrapped a point against Chelsea? :confused:

Silva missing is a big loss. Add to that YaYa's patchy form and Citys inconsistency in general and it's a decent time to play them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Much like when we play Liverpool, form goes out the window in this game so Citys blip means shag all.

Id be more than happy with a point, a win would be amazing but I fear unlikely, reckon a 2-2 draw and at least one sending off.

City don't look bothered at the moment. United are getting a but of momentum, can only see one winner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Fellani motm @ 20/1

really? might get on that with 10 snots

Is there many Mancunians (sp?) playing today as a matter of interest?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Went into the Chelsea game expecting us to get thrashed, and felt we actually put up a really good fight like the United of old. It was a confidence builder last week and has left me feeling as if we can get something today.

Which will likely mean we'll get thrashed, cause we're having that topsy-turvy season right now....

• Mr Alan wrote: »
    Last weeks performance where you scrapped a point against Chelsea? :confused:

I'm not repeating myself again about last week. All I will say is we deserved to win it when everyone was writing us off, and at the end of the match it was a barrage of rival fans trying to discredit the result that they didn't expect to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

City don't look bothered at the moment. United are getting a but of momentum, can only see one winner.

City don't look bothered but I'd be shocked if the can't raise there game for a derby! Gonna be a tough game this, I think it's down to Toure who will come out on top. If he dominates then Citeh will win.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

City win, I''ll go with 3-1 and Rooney to get sent off for the lols.

• Advertisement
Advertisement