Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City vs Manchester United 2/11/'14 k/o 1.30pm Sky Mod warning in op

Comments

• Rvp played well today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

nullzero wrote: »
    More points on the board this time last year, plus we don't look as if things will Ghent any better in the near future

Things already look a lot better the last few games and Moyes seems like a nice chap so can't see him chuckling at any team!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Wilson on the derby debut?! Cmonnnnn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

We could have a Macheda moment here............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Zabalata finally gets Booked- should really be off the pitch but of course most won't see that

Would he have dived in on a yellow though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Aguero rightly pissed off.

City have nobody to stretch it now.

Firmly sitting in now against 10 men.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,828 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

niallo27 wrote: »
    Would he have dived in on a yellow though.

Who knows but diving in breaks up the play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,463 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

duffman13 wrote: »
    Things already look a lot better the last few games and Moyes seems like a nice chap so can't see him chuckling at any team!

Going forward this aren't looking so rosey at the moment. Moyes may be to nice a Chap to chuckle at us but he would be entitled to do so if he wished.

Glazers Out!

Oh my nerves

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

City cacking it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,383 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I would expect things to at least look better with the money spent. If you were going to uproot a team completely why not keep a guy who can make a judgement on them rather than someone coming in late who hasn't seen them before? United would not have started the season with such a shambles in defense if Moyes was there. That's pretty much fact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭hadepsx

City just inviting united on to them now. Immense pressure now. I see a draw in my crystal ball

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Bad result if City win but not a terrible performance from Utd. If Smalling hadn't of gone off things might have been different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

So it's play on when City have the ball, stop play when United get it back.

Makes sense...

What the fúck have City been doing?

so weird.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Not exactly a convincing last 10 minutes from City. Keep giving the ball away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Giggs finds it all very funny.

Billy86 wrote: »

Makes sense...

Well yeah. It was a United player down.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Fellaini has been Uniteds best lalyer today

That doesn't necessarily mean hes playing well.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

City fans leaving or is it Utds heading back to Surrey?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Augmerson wrote: »
    Bad result if City win but not a terrible performance from Utd. If Smalling hadn't of gone off things might have been different.

If things had been different united might have been down to 9 and losing about 5-0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Looks like City will see this out now tbh, Smalling was so dumb. Really cost his team today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Why have we stopped playing this last 10 minutes. A man extra, and we're hanging on.

:mad:

Makes sense...

Of course can't make the crowd angry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Utd will score here. City bricking it at the end of a game they should have won handy.

Liam O wrote: »
    I would expect things to at least look better with the money spent. If you were going to uproot a team completely why not keep a guy who can make a judgement on them rather than someone coming in late who hasn't seen them before? United would not have started the season with such a shambles in defense if Moyes was there. That's pretty much fact.
    Because Moyes was inept at this level, and it showed clearly. Moyes never had to deal with the defence we have had this season, and Vidic has even said that Moyes was the reason he left the club. It says a lot that rival fans were joking about being more upset than us over his sacking. Nice guy but just not up to the job at this point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,502 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Makes sense...

Well if united went forward and scored it would have to be given offside as he was lying in front of the goal. Would you prefer that?

City are filled with FUD, not a surprise given the recent form.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Bridge93 wrote: »
    If things had been different united might have been down to 9 and losing about 5-0

I only got to see one of those penalty calls, the last one. Somebody said there were 3 other chances so 4 altogether peno shouts for City?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

That doesn't necessarily mean hes playing well.:)

He's played well bar the tackle on Ageurooooo and the resulting bollocking he gave him! :pac:

• Advertisement

Great kick for field position.

Incredible to think United have 10.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Makes sense...

On this note in general, I think it should always be down to the ref alone to stop play. Utd players played on there as well when they got the ball back as it suited them more, as they should too imo. The indignation when opposition don't put the ball out sometimes is insufferable, especially when 95% of the time the player is not particularly actually injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Liam O wrote: »

Well I for one am absolutely delighted LVG is the manager and not Moyes. I can see us developing a style of play which was never evident under Moyes. Under Moyes down to 10 men at the Etihad we would have absolutely imploded!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

what a goal that would have been

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

City have been very poor. They're terrified of Felaini, who's being used like a Jack Charlton era Niall Quinn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Augmerson wrote: »
    I only got to see one of those penalty calls, the last one. Somebody said there were 3 other chances so 4 altogether peno shouts for City?

2 certains pens first half one which wouldve seen Rojo off. One i can remember second half which was more debateable

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Bad miss by Toure as well.

5starpool wrote: »
    On this note in general, I think it should always be down to the ref alone to stop play. Utd players played on there as well when they got the ball back as it suited them more, as they should too imo. The indignation when opposition don't put the ball out sometimes is insufferable, especially when 95% of the time the player is not particularly actually injured.
    I agree on that, with exceptions like an Eduardo type horror injury. I just reckon if he was going to blow the whistle when we had the ball in our own half, he should have done the same when City had the ball.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Wel done Wilson!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

Great stuff Wilson

Weird - City suddenly realised they still needed to play this game to the whistle.

Corner to Utd, Felliani to score

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

You know regardless of how this ends, I'd say I'd be happier being a United fan then a city one. As weird as that sounds after what might be a loss.

City stepped off and we stepped up and starting playing. Have City fully rattled. Need that sort of character and courage throughout the season to get us abck to the top 4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭hadepsx

Oooooomg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dirtyden

Di Marias Corners today have been shocking

• Advertisement

3 in a row from Di Maria into the exact same spot.

Awful corners.

Well I for one am absolutely delighted LVG is the manager and not Moyes. I can see us developing a style of play which was never evident under Moyes. Under Moyes down to 10 men at the Etihad we would have absolutely imploded!

Under Moyes at the Etihad with 11 men we were 3-0 down with them treating 60 minutes or so of it like a training session more than a competitive match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Do Maria can't even take a ****ing corner now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Bad result for united but i think a lot of good performances in the game fornus. Good defending at 1 man down. City deserved 1 pen imo but zabaleta got away with 2 or 3 books le offences in the game. Rer inconsistent for both sides. Fell roo and ddg very good for me. Shaw too. Raging with petulance from smalling.

Bridge93 wrote: »
    2 certains pens first half one which wouldve seen Rojo off. One i can remember second half which was more debateable

Do you accept that had the ref booked city players as he should have then United players wouldn't have felt hard done by and probably not as high tempered - there were at least 3 yellows for city before United went to 10

• Advertisement
Advertisement