Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City vs Manchester United 2/11/'14 k/o 1.30pm Sky Mod warning in op

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Mr_Red

its amazing how United Fans are criticizing there own team due to Smalling and lack of defence

Then we have City fans criticizing there own team for nearly bottling it the last 15min

Then we have Mr Alan and rarnes1 just here criticizing United when they should be cleaning up their own backyard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

[QUOTE=darced;92867976
    Maybe it's the poor form of the rivals for fourth saving him but Van gaal has done poorly to this point.[/QUOTE]

I think the pressure would be a lot more only for Liverpool, Everton and Spurs have been struggling for form themselves and Arsenal have been inconsistent as well so it's still quite tight below the top sides.

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Which 3 and what other pen claims did they get? Just because the crowd shouts "Handball" when a ball hits a players midrift or is kicked at a player from point blank range, doesn't mean its a legit pen claim. Augero dived in the 2nd half. Should have won one in the 1st half and Rojo took the ball first, then Touré's inner thigh in a 50/50 challenge for the 2nd.

Fellani on Aguero - dead cert.

Rojo on Toure, dead cert.

Carrick on Aguero - dead cert.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

rarnes1 wrote: »

Carrick on Aguero, remind me?

We'll have to agree to disagree on Rojo. I think he won ball through the legs despite being initially unaware of Toure coming over the top of him.

Agree with Fell on Aguero. obv in 1st half.
    2nd half was clear dive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭me89

We'll have to agree to disagree on Rojo. I think he won ball through the legs despite being initially unaware of Toure coming over the top of him.

2nd half was clear dive.

He got nowhere near the ball in fairness. All 3 should have been penalties.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Rojo challenge is not a peno in my opinion. Not venting but honestly think if he gets the ball first it's legitimate. Yes he catches Toure on the follow through but he won the ball!!

2nd half was clear dive.

2nd half around the hour mark. Both Fellani and Carrick went to tackle him. He was looking for it but was fouled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

The one where he clearly clipped him around the ankle inside the penalty area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

darced wrote: »
    At what point do you start to question them then?
    Its amazing what United are now accepting as good enough.

I don't believe for a second that anyone would be happy with or understanding of 14 points from 10 games after the money spent in the summer and looking at the fixtures list .

Maybe it's the poor form of the rivals for fourth saving him but Van gaal has done poorly to this point.
    Only looking at money spent is disingenuous. It doesn't factor in the fact that we still need to make further signings in defence, which will happen in the next two windows. It doesn't take into account our ridiculous injury crisis at the back or that 6 new players are bedding in and the whole team is adjusting to new management and ideas. It also doesn't take into account that we were at our lowest ebb in 20 years when he took over and we lost many dressing room leaders this summer.

Lots of variables but the most important thing is that performances are better. We got schooled against City last year. They looked like they were playing a different sport to us. And today, although they deserved their win, we can see the improvement from United. As long as the improvements keep going, I think LVG will ve safe.

• Advertisement

me89 wrote: »
    He got nowhere near the ball in fairness. All 3 should have been penalties.

Rojo absolutely kicked the ball. I think the doubt was that people think he came through Touré before making contact with ball.

madcabbage wrote: »
    Rojo challenge is not a peno in my opinion. Not venting but honestly think if he gets the ball first it's legitimate. Yes he catches Toure on the follow through but he won the ball!!

A foul can be given even if a touch is made on the ball you know

The one where he clearly clipped him around the ankle inside the penalty area.

I remember that happening with Fell in 1st half. Can't remeber it in 2nd. Do you've a gif handy or anything. Not saying it didnt happen. Mighta missed it just.

2nd half around the hour mark. Both Fellani and Carrick went to tackle him. He was looking for it but was fouled.

Did he not go down under an arm across him from Fell? That one was a dive. I didn't see Carrick tackle him. Less I missed it just.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Ya flying in with studs up I can understand but the rules are ridiculous. Soon enough you won't be allowed to make a tacked at all!! Regardless if he's behund or not he got the ball fairly. Honestly can't see it as a penalty.

But all contact is not a foul. Every tackle involves contact after the fact. It looked clumsy but I don't think it's black and white.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

United were lucky it wasn't worse had the ref been competent today. Does Di Maria have to take every set piece? That free kick had Robin Van Persies name wrote all over it.

It's debates like this where using gifs is missed :(

It's debates like this where using gifs is missed :(

Are we not allowed gifs? :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Did Fellaini spit on Aguero?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭Bench Press

Bridge93 wrote: »
    Yea, should have been booked at least

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Yeah there are vines of it doing the rounds....very nasty thing to do, should be brought up later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

blueser wrote: »

Would need to see the whole clp of incident. if he comes over shouting something and slobbered on/near him its a non issue. If he came over and just spat he should get done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Raf32 wrote: »
    United were lucky it wasn't worse had the ref been competent today. Does Di Maria have to take every set piece? That free kick had Robin Van Persies name wrote all over it.

To be fair if the ref were competent either Zabaleta gets booked or Smalling stays on, and if Hart gets bare minimum a booking if not a red as well. All of that happened before the penalties if I recall, and obviously then the run of play would have been different before the penalty shouts.

Basically Michael Oliver was horrendous all around, and throughout. Consistently inconsistent on all fronts towards path sides for the full 90 minutes.

Are we not allowed gifs? :o

Think they are banned unfortunately

game gifs I mean

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Think they are banned unfortunately

Of match footage they are yeah, PL copyright rules were ramped up this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

played absolute muck and we still beat them:D

CITY CITY THE BEST TEAM IN THE LAND

I'm not sure he actually spat at him tbf.
    Hence my ''looks like it'' comment, rather than ''yes, he did''. Only Fellaini can honestly answer as to whether he did spit at Kun and, if he did, whether he meant it. From memory, I think he was under suspicion for spitting on Zabba during the 3-0 at OT last March as well.

Oooh that one is gonna hurt

• Advertisement

Jose-Mourinho-121121-Laughing-G-300.jpg

Jose-Mourinho-121121-Laughing-G-300.jpg

November

November

Yes. Its November. And Chelsea are ahead of City, the best team in the land :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

City aren't a patch on the team they were last year. Not a hope are they catching Chelsea, they were hanging on at home against a 10 man United that had a right winger, a centre mid and a youth team player in defence.

Trophies aren't handed out in November I've heard in the past. Chelsea are worthy favourites but no reason why City cant string a run of 4/5 wins on the trot

Trophies aren't handed out in November I've heard in the past. Chelsea are worthy favourites but no reason why City cant string a run of 4/5 wins on the trotcan't wake the fcuk up

This is bloody bizarre....it's not even Christmas yet. Even speculating the end of the season at the half way point is pretty pointless. For God's sake Chelsea/City could very well end up out of the top 4 who knows.

This is bloody bizarre....it's not even Christmas yet. Even speculating the end of the season at the half way point is pretty pointless. For God's sake Chelsea/City could very well end up out of the top 4 who knows.

That's my opinion, you can quote me at the end of the season and show me up if I'm wrong. I won't be worrying about that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

City could go on a good run and catch up to chelsea. Getting knocked out of europe early every year gives them a less congested run in

• Advertisement

That's my opinion, you can quote me at the end of the season and show me up if I'm wrong. I won't be worrying about that though.

It's not criticising anyone's opinion as such, it's criticising the fact anyone would think making a prediction now is in way reliable. It was around time last year you would have picked Arsenal and Liverpool to win the league before City.

It was around time last year you would have picked Arsenal and Liverpool to win the league before City.

Never gave Liverpool a chance at this stage myself, not much for Arsenal either. There seems to be a malaise in this City team that was there in the 11/12 season too.
    Chelsea aren't for stopping bar a spate of injuries to key players.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Chelsea will win the league at a canter close to double figures. As for the rest all pretty much as bad as each other. Apart from City who will get top 4 after that anything could happen.

Never gave Liverpool a chance at this stage myself, not much for Arsenal either. There seems to be a malaise in this City team that was there in the 11/12 season too.
    Hopefully this season will end up like that one did!

blueser wrote: »
    Hopefully this season will end up like that one did!

Meant 12/13 :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,501 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Bridge93 wrote: »

Looked like it. Also, did neither team wear poppies today? Spurs not wearing them either and I think Newcastle yesterday. Hopefully it's dying out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

A lenghty injury, even of the 4-6 week variety to Costa would make it interesting. Esp if that happened after Jan

fullstop wrote: »
    Looked like it.

It didn't really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,501 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

It didn't really.

A string of spit came out of his mouth and landed on Aguero. So what does that look like?

A string of spit came out of his mouth and landed on Aguero. So what does that look like?

I thought it looked like drool.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

I think he was roaring at Aguero and in his excitement drooled

• Advertisement
Advertisement