Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City vs Manchester United 2/11/'14 k/o 1.30pm Sky Mod warning in op

1121314151618»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,577 ✭✭✭bennyl10

fullstop wrote: »
    A string of spit came out of his mouth and landed on Aguero. So what does that look like?

If you make it super slowmo them spit leaves his mouth.. He was shouting and drool came out..

Stop trying to make a non story into more than it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,501 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

I thought it looked like drool.

Apt username :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

A string of spit came out of his mouth and landed on Aguero. So what does that look like?

Dribble/drool whatever you want to call it.

I thought it looked like drool.

I agree. He was roaring in his face and a gob of drool came out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Drool, snot, bile, water, piss, sweat whatever it was came out as a consequence of expending energy and then shouting at Aguero for going down too easily.

It would make as much sense to retrospectively charge Aguero for diving as it would to charge Fellani for spitting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,501 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

K4t wrote: »
    Drool, snot, bile, water, piss, sweat whatever it was came out as a consequence of expending energy and then shouting at Aguero for going down too easily.

It would make as much sense to retrospectively charge Aguero for diving as it would to charge Fellani for spitting.

But Aguero definitely didn't dive, it's up for debate whether Fellaini spat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Apt username :p

I feel like I'm eminently qualified to make a judgement.

But Aguero definitely didn't dive, it's up for debate whether Fellaini spat
    And fellani definitely didn't spit.

It's not a debate which sensible people are taking seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

In Smalling's first yellow card, what exactly is the foul for ?

The ball is in play right? So no reason to go back 10 yards.
    Is the goalie allowed a free hit with players back a good distance if he catches it?

Think I recall George Best and even Garry Crosby doing stuff like that back in the day, and getting goals out of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

In Smalling's first yellow card, what exactly is the foul for ?

The ball is in play right? So no reason to go back 10 yards.
    Is the goalie allowed a free hit with players back a good distance if he catches it?

Think I recall George Best and even Garry Crosby doing stuff like that back in the day, and getting goals out of it

You have to be moving out of the box once the keeper has the ball in his hands. You can block him as long as you're outside the box, or moving away. Smalling was really hanging in front of him

• Advertisement

You have to be moving out of the box once the keeper has the ball in his hands. You can block him as long as you're outside the box, or moving away. Smalling was really hanging in front of him

Was Smalling in the box? I can't really remember it well, thought he might have been very close.

Is that really a rule, you have to be moving out of the box if the keeper catches the ball? Is it defenders too?
    Do you need to actively get out of the keepers way?

Seems odd. I though the keeper's advantage was that he could use his hands inside the box.

Who'd be a ref, eh?!

Was Smalling in the box? I can't really remember it well, thought he might have been very close.

Close but just inside, if it's relevant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Yeah I'm pretty positive he was, I certainly thought it was a card immediately
    Is that really a rule, you have to be moving out of the box if the keeper catches the ball? Is it defenders too?

Seems odd. I though the keeper's advantage was that he could use his hands inside the box.

Who'd be a ref, eh?!

To be honest I can't quote the law word-for-word or anything, but that's definitely how it's enforced. Maybe somebody else can look it up for me :D

Yeah I'm pretty positive he was, I certainly thought it was a card immediately

To be honest I can't quote the law word-for-word or anything, but that's definitely how it's enforced. Maybe somebody else can look it up for me :D

I was that pissed off at him for getting the booking I almost blocked it out. I knew it would come back to bite him in the arse, just didn't think it would be so soon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Who'd be a ref, eh?!

Your not allowed to lift your leg when the keeper is kicking it out, Smalling clearly raised his leg when Heart went to kick it out!

Yellow all day long!

Most keepers come to the edge or even outside of the box to kick it out of their hands. You can stand outside the 18 yard box and try and block the kick which I guess is what Smalling was trying to do but had already blocked Hart's progress and then stupidly wasn't outside the box when he raised his leg.

Your not allowed to lift your leg when the keeper is kicking it out, Smalling clearly raised his leg when Heart went to kick it out!

Yellow all day long!

I doubt that's the rule, open to correction obviously. Sure where do you draw the line? If Smalling was 5 yards away would he not be able to raise a leg and intercept a kickout?

The ball had already been kicked out by Hart.
    Unless there is a rule to be back 10 yards or something, I still find it hard to see how it's a foul.

If a guy stands on front of you , the keeper still has the option to throw it over their head

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Unless there is a rule to be back 10 yards or something, I still find it hard to see how it's a foul.

If a guy stands on front of you , the keeper still has the option to throw it over their head

You can't impede the goalkeeper when he's kicking the ball. Smalling did that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Maybe now, after watching MOTD2, the nonsense about there being only one legitimate penalty can be put to bed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Michael Oliver had a shocker here. 3, and possibly 4, stonewall pens.

blueser wrote: »
    Maybe now, after watching MOTD2, the nonsense about there being only one legitimate penalty can be put to bed.

Was there really much nonsense? I think most United fans know they got off very lightly with the penalty shouts.

Was there really much nonsense? I think most United fans know they got off very lightly with the penalty shouts.

The foul by Rojo on Toure was obvious, very poor from the ref to miss it (and red card!)

The two on Aguero, while they probably should have been given, the foul was not obvious (especially for the ref only seeing it in real time) so I'd forgive him.
    The theatrical fall for the first may have worked against Aguero for the second.

I think most United fans know that if they started the second half with 9 men, it wouldn't have been pretty.

Not booking Zabaleta was another one where it's very hard to know, even just watching in real time, why there was no yellow.
    He gave a free so must have seen it.
    Didn't make any difference in the game, but in explicable all the same.

Not booking Hart as well didn't do himself any favours, players will have seen that and thought it's ok to be shouting in the ref's face

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

Here is the law word for word:

• It is an offence for a player to prevent a goalkeeper from releasing the ball from his hands
    • A player must be penalised for playing in a dangerous manner if he kicks or attempts to kick the ball when the goalkeeper is in the process of releasing it
    • It is an offence to restrict the movement of the goalkeeper by unfairly impeding him, e.g. at the taking of a corner kick

Smalling was stupid and deserved a yellow

• Advertisement
Advertisement