Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City vs Manchester United 2/11/'14 k/o 1.30pm Sky Mod warning in op

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Last weeks performance can be repeated and Also the fact Silva is missing and Rooney is back.

Different setting, different team. City revel in retaining possession, Silva is certainly a miss but it could also free up Yaya Toure to go forward and the Ivorian is utterly devastating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

City scoring today is a certainty

• Different setting, different team. City revel in retaining possession, Silva is certainly a miss but it could also free up Yaya Toure to go forward and the Ivorian is utterly devastating.

Di maria. That is all

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Di maria. That is all

I think you're in for a bit of a surprise.

• I think you're in for a bit of a surprise.

We shall see ;)

I will give you this; Toures form has been poor but always a threat in big games and this may spark him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Rumours now that Valencia is starting at RB,as rash as Rafael can be,he does offer a great attacking threat.Valencia if playing will do his usual of run 20 yards,stop & look to pass the ball backwards.Any hope of a quick counter attack down the right will end with him.

• zerks wrote: »
    Rumours now that Valencia is starting at RB,as rash as Rafael can be,he does offer a great attacking threat.Valencia if playing will do his usual of run 20 yards,stop & look to pass the ball backwards.Any hope of a quick counter attack down the right will end with him.

He was the weak link in defence last week. Hazard drew a yellow from him and is always liable to do something stupid. However his attacking threat will be missed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Think City will win by the odd goal but there's going to be plenty of chances for both sides. Could realistically see a 3-2 or 4-3 scoreline. Like the look of both teams to score and City to win at 23/10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Last weeks performance where you scrapped a point against Chelsea? :confused:

Hardly scraped. Sides were pretty even for most of the game. Just because the goal came last minute isn't relevant.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Time to put United back in their box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

We haven't come out of it yet... although a win today...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

lol. whatever that means.

Enjoy the game lads

Valencia starting at right back. Not great for Utd imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

#mufc XI vs City: De Gea, Valencia, Smalling, Rojo, Shaw, Blind, Fellaini, Januzaj, Rooney, Di Maria, van Persie.

Man City XI vs. Man United: Hart; Zabaleta, Kolarov, Demichelis, Kompany; Fernando, Yaya Toure, Navas, Milner; Jovetic, Aguero. #MCFC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

#mufc XI vs City: De Gea, Valencia, Smalling, Rojo, Shaw, Blind, Fellaini, Januzaj, Rooney, Di Maria, van Persie.

Man City XI vs. Man United: Hart; Zabaleta, Kolarov, Demichelis, Kompany; Fernando, Yaya Toure, Navas, Milner; Jovetic, Aguero. #MCFC

Valencia Smalling Rojo Shaw is one seriously weak backline.

City to take advantage IMO.

Though I'd like a Utd win.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Rafael is gonna be a miss imo.
    Anywhere I could back Rojo to make a howler? :P Gonna need a big game from him marking aguero. Can see City hammering united. Although United could also win. It could also end as a draw.

Check back later for more insightful predictions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

The persistence with Jan is worrying me a bit.

:/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

The defence up against Aguero worries me

I think we have a better front 4 than City, Blind and Fellaini need to be brilliant today

Is Raf injured?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Massive game form Blind is needed today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Is Raf injured?

He must be.

Doubt he'd be dropped for somebody played out of position

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Is Raf injured?

Apparently he got injured last Thursday in training

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ugh, Valencia :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

And a single name on that starting XI has me doubting everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Quandary wrote: »
    Massive game form Blind is needed today.

He'll need to play a Blinder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Lord TSC wrote: »

Has he not been solid enough for utd when ever he was asked to play there. I don't ever remember him ****ing up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Lord TSC wrote: »

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

niallo27 wrote: »
    Has he not been solid enough for utd when ever he was asked to play there. I don't ever remember him ****ing up.

he's grand running the line. he's been caught positionally quite a few times though when he's been at rb, and a clinical finisher like aguero will punish us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Januzai is a lucky boy to be getting a starting position. Would much prefer Herrera in there.

Another game and another different back line, although forced I presume, as Rafael isn't even on the bench.

Valencia and Januzai on the right does not instill any confidence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

Is Raf injured?

Well considering Smalling is back now, we were due another defensive injury.

• Advertisement

double GG wrote: »
    Well considering Smalling is back now, we were due another defensive injury.

Stupid made of pudding players.

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Rafeal,Jones and Smalling would give Darren Anderton a good run for his money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

niallo27 wrote: »

He's not too dissimilar to Glen Johnson. (Valencia isn't nearly as bad) But he just hits the line and either looks back for the ball to the RB/CDM/CB or does his one trick and Powers a ball square across the goal that is usually cut out by the 1st defender. He has been prone to complete lapses in judgement, playing people onside and the like too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

I am happy that Januzaj is starting again, only his 3rd start this season remember. We will need a good few goals if we are gonna beat city today as we will leak a few if its an open game.

Is Yaya feeling a niggle there? :-O

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Is Yaya feeling a niggle there? :-O

He looks borked tbh, that could be interesting.

The Goat hasn't aged too well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

I have a feeling, as a United fan, this will be a tough match to watch. Our defence will have a very tough task all day long. Hopefully no stupid red cards or penalties.

Zabaleta is a cool mofo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Di Maria can understand English but doesn't want to speak it?

• MagicIRL wrote: »
    Zabaleta is a cool mofo.

Funny that he said he's going to go in hard on di maria and di maria can't understand :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Unearthly wrote: »
    Di Maria can understand English but doesn't want to speak it?

I'd say Zabaleta may be translating off camera?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Zabaleta is a cool mofo.

"We won't be friends on the pitch. He doesn't speak English yet so he doesn't know what I'm saying, so don't tell him but I am going to tackle HARD!" :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Funny that he said he's going to go in hard on di maria and di maria can't understand :P

Editing

• **** sake souness how many times is that?? Dia maria fail

• Advertisement

Can see a big game from Rooney and Fellaini

Good luck with the thread lads :pac:

Good luck with the thread lads :pac:

I won't let anyone in. I'll be sure to check their allegiance

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Can see a big game from Rooney and Fellaini

Mad how the view on him has changed so much in a matter of a few games. A few weeks ago no one wanted him near the team now people are saying how much his physicality is needed in the team.

Nice to see him go on a good run, hopefully he can continue it today. I may not be his biggest fan but he didn't deserve the sort of treatment he was getting.

• Kolorov :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement