Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

damaged goods

Options
  • 31-10-2014 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Bought tablet for my daughter last Christmas the screen has been damaged just wondering do I have any comeback on it? I can't find my receipt but I paid for it by card would this do for proof of purchase? Bought it from DID and it's still under warranty

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

If the screen wasn't damaged when you bought it then no. Your consumer rights or any warranty won't cover you breaking the device yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭whippet

hesus2003 wrote: »
    Bought tablet for my daughter last Christmas the screen has been damaged just wondering do I have any comeback on it? I can't find my receipt but I paid for it by card would this do for proof of purchase? Bought it from DID and it's still under warranty

user damage isn't covered by warranty (unless it is an optional warranty that specifically includes accidental damage)

Check with your home insurance, but sometimes the excess and increase in next years premium makes it not really worth while

Advertisement