Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My loan account was closed but a payment has been taken out.

Options
  • 31-10-2014 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi, I paid the remainder of my loan this month and went into my local branch to close that account. They told me it needed to be done online, to which I tried but to no avail so I emailed through 365 online and the account was taken off my current account. I assumed everything had been taken care of until yesterday even when a payment had been taken out of my account along with a late payment fee. I rang 365 and was told it couldn't be fixed over the phone and that I had to talk to my local branch. I tried calling them but had no luck and its not possible for me to get to my local branch. Can this money be refunded as it is needed for something on monday? And can this standing order on my account be finally taken off. Seems that when you try to do good and pay off your loan 10 months early, there still seems to be problems. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi Lorna93

Thanks for contacting us here with your query and sorry to hear of the difficulties with the loan account.

You mention you paid off the loan early, is it possible there may have been some interest due on the loan and this maybe the reason why you may have incurred fees?  

We will arrange for a Lending Advisor to call and help you. Could you please send us a PM with your full name, contact number and the name of the branch where your account was opened?

Could you also advise us of the branch you visited if this is different than the account holding branch? Please be careful not to send account details in your PM.

To send us a PM please check you have signatures set to display and also private messages enabled in your control panel settings and then click on my signature to send your PM.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks 
    Alison

Advertisement