Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-cigarette as a Christmas Gift

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Trakat066

I cant post links as I'm a new member but have a look at Groupon. They have an E-Cigarette EGO Starter Kit + 3 Refills for €29.99 With Free Delivery.

A cheaper alternative is a website called Fasttech, they have eGo-CE4 650mAh E-Cigarette Starter Kit for €5.50. With that you could also order some extra CE4 clearomizers as they usually need replacing every 2 to 4 weeks, you can get a pack of 6 for €4.65, postage should be no more that €1.50 for the lot. There is no juice with that but you could pick up one from local store and add it in. 10ml of juice usually cost €5 locally. It's hard to recommend a juice but maybe try one that is similar to the brand of cigarettes he smokes.

Hope this helps, maybe someone who can post links could add them in. I quit 3 months (and 2 days) ago with a basic starter kit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 lanarty56

E cigarettes will not help your father quit, you would be better off buying him the Alan Carr book.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Keep your money or else buy him something useful. I bought an ecig for my wife it ended up thrown by the wayside 3 days later :mad: €42 down the drain. You cannot make someone give up smoking they have to want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭reeta

Hi,
    My dad smokes 20 a day for the last 25 years. I am thinking of buying him an electronic cigarette for Christmas to try and get him to quit for once and for all. Can anyone give me any suggestions for which to buy? Thanks

Unless he really wants to quit there is no point in buying e cigarettes. I smoked for 20 years and tried everything, but it was when I read Allen Carr's book that I finally was able to give them up, I have never looked back, 13 years on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 interested beaver

he has been talking about quitting for a while now and wants to try to use ecigarettes as a way of doing so. Are the vaping devices with the ejuice the way to go? I have a feeling he might not like how messy it is. Is there any alternatives in the market that would be easier for him to use? Thanks for all the feedback

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Don't listen to the doubters who seem to not have even tried e-cigs for themselves, if you check out the vaping forum http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1497 you'll find hundreds of people who have quit smoking using e-cigs.

If you want to start him on something with no refilling you could try something like this: http://www.blucigs.co.uk/kits/premium

You have to buy refills for it though and they will be much more expensive than filling your own. http://www.blucigs.co.uk/cartridge-refills

But if he finds he likes it you can move him on to a refillable one.

Egriff if you want to potion yourself that's fine, but don't encourage others to do the same.

I think you mean poison myself, and no I don't, that's why I quit smoking.

I'm answering the OPs question about which type of e-cig to get her father, no one asked about a book.

EGriff wrote: »
    I think you mean poison myself, and no I don't, that's why I quit smoking.

I'm answering the OPs question about which type of e-cig to get her father, no one asked about a book.
    My sister in law started using e cigs to give up smoking it's working after her being off the fags 6 months :) only problem now is she is hooked on e cigs :( They turned out to be another nasty little follow on habit.

Your still addicted to nicotine, have vamping your money away.#cold turkey only way

• Advertisement

Sam Kade wrote: »
    My sister in law started using e cigs to give up smoking it's working after her being off the fags 6 months :) only problem now is she is hooked on e cigs :( They turned out to be another nasty little follow on habit.

Well smoking will kill you, the nicotine in ecigs is no worse than caffeine. Most people cut down on the nicotine they use over time, I started on 24mg and I'm down to 6mg now.

Plus I'm saving about €40 a week and I enjoy it.

lanarty56 wrote: »
    Your still addicted to nicotine,

So what?
    have vamping your money away.

Spending about €5 to €10 a week.
    #cold turkey only way

:rolleyes:

EGriff wrote: »
    Well smoking will kill you, the nicotine in ecigs is no worse than caffeine. Most people cut down on the nicotine they use over time, I started on 24mg and I'm down to 6mg now.

Plus I'm saving about €40 a week and I enjoy it.
    If only I could convince my wife to do likewise, she says the fags will give her up before she gives them up :mad: Bad enough fcuking up your health but spending 4-5k a year to do it is totally sickening.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 interested beaver

Thanks a mill. Ye I think he wants to use the ones with the cartridges as it would be easier for him to use!

I found this company on google:

Nyx CigE - They are an Irish Company.

They certainly look the part. Can anyone tell me if they are a good brand?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Spearsharp

E cigarettes will not help your father quit, you would be better off buying him the Alan Carr book.

If an altenative doesnot work, how can a book work so well? I mean you should conquer it physically, then do it mentally!

Advertisement