Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI incorrectly listing on my ICB report

Options
  • 31-10-2014 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all,
    I applied for a mortgage with KBC last week and was refused based on my ICB report. It stated that I had missed 12 loan reports for a BOI loan in 2008.
    I'm really fastidious with my finances so knew this must be incorrect. I contacted BOI and they were no help, insisting that I get a copy I the ICB report. I obtained a copy and sent to BOI. They are now saying that 9 of these so called missed payments are errors and should never have been recorded but 3 are correct.
    How do I even go about in proving they are wrong on the final 3?
    Any advice would be so appreciated. mortgage has been declined because on this mess up and BOI don't seem interested in helping me clear this up?
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

If you are sure you haven't missed any payments, request all the relevant details from your bank. If the bank refuses to furnish the details or if they do and you know they have made a mistake, make a formal complaint to BOI and ensure you get a reference number.

If you get no satisfaction from their complaint procedure and you are still sure you have not missed a payment, you can make a formal complaint to the Office of the Data Protection Commissioner.

You can find more info on the ICB website here.

Edit: BOI have a "talk to" forum on boards.ie You could try getting your issue resolved through the forum.

Advertisement