Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Match Thread - Newcastle v Liverpool 01/11/14 12.45 BT1

12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Big game for Pool now against Chelsea next week. Looking at the fixtures they should have done better so far. Need to bring in some more players desperately this January. Sturridge is a big loss but they need another player who will be netting goals week in week out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,577 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Surely Rodgers can see Mario isn't a lone striker..
    The most inept mind can bloody see that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

niallo27 wrote: »
    The original post said Newcastle deserved the 3 points. Are people honestly saying Newcastle played well today.

I think if you watched the game objectively you would have seen Newcastle should have had maybe 3 or 4 if they had a bit of confidence, something that might come back to haunt them against the big teams. Didn't see any threat from Liverpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,577 ✭✭✭bennyl10

The original post said Newcastle deserved the 3 points. Are people honestly saying Newcastle played well today.

Both played ****e, newscatle a little less so..

• Adamocovic wrote: »
    Big game for Pool now against Chelsea next week. Looking at the fixtures they should have done better so far. Need to bring in some more players desperately this January. Sturridge is a big loss but they need another player who will be netting goals week in week out.

Honestly theres no way they will get anything against Chelsea going on this season performances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Surely Rodgers can see Mario isn't a lone striker..
    The most inept mind can bloody see that!

Well I guess he can't see it because he repeats the same mistake every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Honestly theres no way they will get anything against Chelsea going on this season performances.

You never know! I was sceptical that United could take points off them with their up and down performance but were forgetting it's only one game.

If the pool players are pumped up and want to go out and prove a point they could end up taking points away from the Chelsea game. No doubt the crowd will be a big boost and if the players are up for it and put in a good display you never know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I think if you watched the game objectively you would have seen Newcastle should have had maybe 3 or 4 if they had a bit of confidence, something that might come back to haunt them against the big teams. Didn't see any threat from Liverpool

Did you watch the game. You think Newcastle should have won 4-0. It was called one of the worst games in premier league history but you think Newcastle created enough to win 4 nil. I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Skrtel had a great chance with a header and should have scored. What chances did Newcastle create. The goal was a mistake. The game was so poor neither team deserved anything.

https://twitter.com/MC_of_A/status/528557860612214784

Did you watch the game. You think Newcastle should have won 4-0. It was called one of the worst games in premier league history but you think Newcastle created enough to win 4 nil. I don't know.

Did you watch the game or just the red shirts on the screen

• Advertisement

Did you watch the game or just the red shirts on the screen

Yes and I know what I saw. A shocking game with both teams playing ****e.

• Adamocovic wrote: »
    You never know! I was sceptical that United could take points off them with their up and down performance but were forgetting it's only one game.

If the pool players are pumped up and want to go out and prove a point they could end up taking points away from the Chelsea game. No doubt the crowd will be a big boost and if the players are up for it and put in a good display you never know!

At least United are showing clear signs of improvement.

Liverpool look like they have regressed dramitically from last year.

I wouldn't be putting my money on them.

Yes and I know what I saw. A shocking game with both teams playing ****e.

I fail to take any heed in a poster who believes that a 2 on goalkeeper opportunity isn't a chance. Arguing semantics won't hide the fact Liverpool didn't look like scoring at all today. It's a pity they're a mid table side again, the league was exciting last year

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

darced wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

True, can't get much worse :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

What chances did they create. Neither keeper made a save in the first half.

Scored and were in behind only for a fine mingolet save. Two off the top of my head. They were in behind a few more times and fluffed their lines with bad final passes. They were better. Get over it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Fantastic word. Are you from the north?

no not at all
    around the midlands

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

shano_88 wrote: »

Can someone explain how to interpret this? Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Pudsy33 wrote: »

The only thing you need to interpret is the 1 - 0 scoreline

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Pudsy33 wrote: »

He has a system where each shot is attributed an expected goal. It just adds up all your shots and Expected goals per shot in a game. Pretty interesting I think. Definitely worth a follow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

I'm attempting the impossible today...I'm going on a protest march so I'm recording the game and I'm gonna try to avoid the score until I'm home at about 4 and I'll watch it then. I don't fancy my chances much but we'll see. I'll let ye know.

Managed to do it. Just finished watching it now. Ugh...wish I hadn't bothered. Pure ****e again.

Haven't read the thread yet but I don't suppose anyone mentioned Robbie Savage? Jesus I've heard some ****e spouted on tv over the years but that took the biscuit. How has that man got a job on tv? Mind boggling.

Managed to do it. Just finished watching it now. Ugh...wish I hadn't bothered. Pure ****e again.

Haven't read the thread yet but I don't suppose anyone mentioned Robbie Savage? Jesus I've heard some ****e spouted on tv over the years but that took the biscuit. How has that man got a job on tv? Mind boggling.

He was mentioned a few times alright. Seem to have it in for mario. He even had a go at him for putting in a good cross saying he should be the one in there even though at that stage Liverpool had 3 up front.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

I missed the 2nd half. Can someone tell me we at least went for it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Augmerson wrote: »

Full match stats here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/fixtures.html#s2014-m755401

Balotelli's heat map-lol, he was barely warm enough to register on it.

It really was the worst game of football at least until the goal I have seen I a long time.

• Advertisement

So Borini came on? Did we go with 2 up front towards the end?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

So Borini came on? Did we go with 2 up front towards the end?

And Lambert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I only caught the 2nd half and what I found infuriating was how deep our defense was and the lack of urgency to get up the pitch when Mig had the ball in his hands. This carried on even at a goal down.

Migs always seems to wait until things settle down before releasing the ball. Complete opposite to how Reina released the ball and fired up counter-attacks. It's not entirely criminal. As soon as he does release the ball the defence just passes it back and forth anyway.

Real won 4-0 today. We will be spanked in Madrid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Yup cant wait for that one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Not really tbh, Rodgers did play 3 strikers but nothing was being created. Pool put some dangerous balls into to box, 3 I think, skertl with a good header but was off side. Another one to Balo but he was also off side, and balo put in a great ball to M. Alberto but he scuffed at it. I'm not sure why Liverpool didn't just pack the box and just launched balls in, it was only tactic causing Newcastle any trouble.

Also is Mig getting a bit of a tough time? Did Flap at a few balls first half but I thought he played very well second half and made some great saves.

Migs always seems to wait until things settle down before releasing the ball. Complete opposite to how Reina released the ball and fired up counter-attacks. It's not entirely criminal. As soon as he does release the ball the defence just passes it back and forth anyway.

He is always looking for the quick release but has no good options you can see he is annoyed about it many times.

Advertisement