Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Home Economics Journal

• 31-10-2014 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, does anyone know what would be written on the evaluation page of the journal? It says to write about implementation but i've already written about implementation on the previous page, help??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Conaaaa

Hi, does anyone know what would be written on the evaluation page of the journal? It says to write about implementation but i've already written about implementation on the previous page, help??

Is the homec theory in general difficult? For someone taking it up for leaving cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Conaaaa

Is the homec theory in general difficult? For someone taking it up for leaving cert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8 HomeEc_teacher

Hi there, the "implementation" page is all about what you did during the class, how you made the dish, your key factors and safety & hygiene points.

For The EVALUATION page I'd do the following ...
    Evaluate the implementation - first of all do a very detailed description of your dish. Don't just say it was "nice" or "colourful" etc --- be very specific about what it tasted of, what colours it had etc. and why. So it was salty from the sauce, colourful because of the red peppers or whatever.
    If there was anything you'd change say what and why. For example "the sauce was salty so next time I wouldn't add as much salt"
    Or if there is a relevant safety or hygiene point do that.
    The important thing is you actually EVALUATE it --- don't just state it. So for example don't just say your safety was good. Evaluate it by saying what was good, why it was good etc.

The evaluation of (b) the specific requirements will depend on the area of practice. Look at the brief very carefully and follow the headings there.

Marks are usually lost due to lack of detail so explain absolutely everything. Keep explaining the "why" behind what you're saying.

Finally, don't be afraid to ask your teacher for help and follow their advice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8 HomeEc_teacher

Conaaaa wrote: »

Depends on how hard you're prepared to work. I've had students who did junior cert home ec and then did it for the leaving but struggled because they weren't prepared to work. I've also had a student who took up home ec for the first time the year she repeated the leaving cert and she got an A1 on the honours paper. She worked damm hard though

Advertisement