Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI Goal of the season

• 31-10-2014 1:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭

Goals are the winners of goal of the months, so some fans (Dundalk) will be annoyed personally I think Goal B is the best of the lot but Goal C will win it.

As for the best goal this season in my opinion its at the very bottom and never made it in Bohs fans should be annoyed at that.

Goal A Keith Fahey Vs Sligo

Goal B Chris Forrester vs Drogheda

Goal C Colin Healy vs St pats

Goal D Gary Mc Cabe vs Longford

Goal E Danny Ledwith vs Cork City

Goal F Mark Langtry vs Derry City

Goal G Patrick Hoban vs Bray

Goal H Dean Zambra vs Athlone

I was right behind this (under the camera) the look on the Bohs fans face when they realise its in :pac:

LOI Goal of the Season 27 votes

A
    0% 0 votes
    B
    0% 0 votes
    C
    37% 10 votes
    D
    55% 15 votes
    E
    3% 1 vote
    F
    3% 1 vote
    G
    0% 0 votes
    H
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Toss up between Forrester and Byrne. I was at the Drogs Pats match and had a great view of Forrester's goal. A lot of the goals are well struck thunderbolts from outside the box but I think Byrne's and Forrester's have an extra touch of class. Honourable mention to Healy as well. Great technique.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

Sean Gannon finishing off a 36 pass move is my goal of the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Has too be Healys!
    Unbelievable Tekkers and a HUGE goal in title race! Only a handful of players in the entire league could have done that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Sean Gannon finishing off a 36 pass move is my goal of the season.
    Yeah, probably should be in the final list but I'm one of the few Dundalk fans that wasn't overly impressed by it. Lovely goal alright but Pats were beaten at that stage and were barely putting in tackles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Forrester...again.
    and why the hell did his goal against Bray not get incl. ??
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiWIfG58SYI

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Forrester unlucky to just have the one in it. His goal v Bray beats most in that selection for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,566 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Forrester very comfortably, what a goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Just ****ing realised all the goals are in the one video, why the **** did soccer republic tweet them all seperatley.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Just ****ing realised all the goals are in the one video, why the **** did soccer republic tweet them all seperatley.

I think if you edit the youtube bracket you can enter in times, so say 2 mins 45 and the video will start there, but I'm not sure how you enter it.

Byrne's goal, niiiice.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Langtry, Hoban or Zambra never won goal of the month so don't know why Gannon is not there

Forrester surely has to win it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I'll be biased and go for Forrester's. Healy's was a cracker as well

Langtry, Hoban or Zambra never won goal of the month so don't know why Gannon is not there

Forrester surely has to win it

Soccer republic said it was GOTM only, should include wildcards tbh

Soccer republic said it was GOTM only, should include wildcards tbh

Well Zambra and Hoban scored the same night so they couldnt be GOTM, Im pretty sure Latefty was in October aswell

Well Zambra and Hoban scored the same night so they couldnt be GOTM, Im pretty sure Latefty was in October aswell

Anti Dundalk bias so.

Anti Dundalk bias so.

They tweeted a few replys to Dundalk fans saying it was only GOTM that were up for selection and when people pointed out the 3 goals in October, they just stopped replying to people!

I still think Forresters goal was the best overall but for Gannons not to be in it, is as Maxi (the prick) would say its a farce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

They tweeted a few replys to Dundalk fans saying it was only GOTM that were up for selection and when people pointed out the 3 goals in October, they just stopped replying to people!

I still think Forresters goal was the best overall but for Gannons not to be in it, is as Maxi (the prick) would say its a farce

I don't get why Dundalk fans jizz over that 36 pass goal except it was Dundalk who scored it. It was a goal scored in injury time when Dundalk where three one up and Pat's were down to ten men. Both teams were playing for the final whistle as the game was over. Pat's players let Dundalk pass it around as they couldn't be arsed making a challenge.

If you's had scored that on the hour mark to go one up when Pat's players were chasing shadows and couldn't get near the ball, then fair enough. But it was never goal of the month, never mind the season.

In fact, I've seen Dundalk themselves score better goals than that this year.

FFS Monkey9 thats like saying candyman 3 times, you know who is outside your gaff now with a can of petrol!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Colin Healy's for me. Incredible technique, and 3 players helplessly trying to stop it is the icing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Anyone of Firrester, Healy or McCabe will be fully deserving.

I'll say Healy though as it was a the death of a huge match for us. I was there and went apeshït which helps my opinion mind :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

It's hard to look past Healy's. An overhead/bicycle into the top corner in the 91st minute in frot of a packed Shed in Turner's Cross to keep the the Title race going. Loved Dean Zambra's aswell to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Some terrific goals in there but Healy for me Cork or not.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I think they should have just opened up a "Second Best goal of the season" award because Healy's is clearly the best. :D :P

Unbelievable Tekkers!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Some great goals but my vote is Colin Healy all the way!
    We were crying out for a goal that didn't look like coming. I've been in The Shed for countless goal celebrations but that night was just sheer pandemonium!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Have to go for Jay Byrne. Not only a deadly goal but was nearly at the end of his career yet still top drawer.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭miroslavklose

anncoates wrote: »
    Have to go for Jay Byrne. Not only a deadly goal but was nearly at the end of his career yet still top drawer.
    Can't believe it wasn't included, presumably because it was the same week/month as Forrester in Drogheda. Easily goal of the season for me, and I'm not exactly his biggest fan.

Should have included a J Byrne option.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I'd have had Zayed's goal against Athlone in there instead of McCabe's.

Out of those lot it is very clearly Healy's though. I'm surprised the long mazy goal by a UCD player against Derry wasn't chosen. It seems it is very much a long shot competition or in Forrester's case, a route one hoof.

dfx- wrote: »
    or in Forrester's case, a route one hoof.

Giggle

2500 a week and hes yours................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

"Hoof a ball into the net and you might win goal of the season competition"!

Anyway Forry by a mile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Hard for Zambra to score v Athlone if Hoban is scoring against his team the same night.

Looks like each team is represented in the videos though, cos many others could have been picked.

I'd say Healy for technique, Forrester for vision...ah they both had it all!

"Hoof a ball into the net and you might win goal of the season competition"!

Anyway Forry by a mile.

Hes a Rovers fan they call it tactics.

Advertisement